• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dr. D's Collection: Photo Album

I recently designed a custom Oakley Themed Camera Strap for my DSLR and I commissioned Rae Mond of Straps n' Skins to execute it for me. I supplied all the Oakley hardware used for this project and it came from a donor "Oakley Ladies Connector Belt", 3 lanyards and a D-Ring from an Oakley CD-Case. The leather came from them and the whole assembly was hand stitched with excellent craftsmanship. Not only did they make a totally bad ass camera strap...it turned out better than expected. I designed the strap to be used in two ways. One version is used with the two attachment points on the side of the camera for lighter set ups. The other uses an additional harness which attaches to the bottom of the camera for when using heavier lenses. Please check out the photos below. From design concept...to reality!

Concept Design for the Camera Strap:
View attachment 235442

Finished Product: Set up I
View attachment 235439

Finished Product: Set up II
View attachment 235440
Damn! I want one LOL!

I recently designed a custom Oakley Themed Camera Strap for my DSLR and I commissioned Rae Mond of Straps n' Skins to execute it for me. I supplied all the Oakley hardware used for this project and it came from a donor "Oakley Ladies Connector Belt", 3 lanyards and a D-Ring from an Oakley CD-Case. The leather came from them and the whole assembly was hand stitched with excellent craftsmanship. Not only did they make a totally bad ass camera strap...it turned out better than expected. I designed the strap to be used in two ways. One version is used with the two attachment points on the side of the camera for lighter set ups. The other uses an additional harness which attaches to the bottom of the camera for when using heavier lenses. Please check out the photos below. From design concept...to reality!

Concept Design for the Camera Strap:
View attachment 235442

Finished Product: Set up I
View attachment 235439

Finished Product: Set up II
View attachment 235440

badass ass Always bro!

Back