• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Drop Ball Test Certificate Required by US Customs.

40C69BF0-4BEB-4D0E-8E5F-8A6D0E290098.jpeg

Is this dropped ball test document available for all Luxottica sunglasses? (such as Chanel)
Can dates, certificatehas and signatures be used as is? Are all Oakley sunglasses the same device listing number?

No, it is specific to a Xsquared model.
Are you Europe or USA? you can message Luxottica and ask for a drop ball test certificate. As of this time of writing, It’s always Fed Ex that will ask for this test cert,
UPS and DHL are way the to go as saves you all the hassles. I’m only sharing my experiences dealing with these private couriers. Hope this helps.

No, it is specific to a Xsquared model.
Are you Europe or USA? you can message Luxottica and ask for a drop ball test certificate. As of this time of writing, It’s always Fed Ex that will ask for this test cert,
UPS and DHL are way the to go as saves you all the hassles. I’m only sharing my experiences dealing with these private couriers. Hope this helps.
I’ve had it happen with a shipment from England to the US recently (January 2021) through UPS. They asked me for this stuff, but I emailed them that “I have no idea what those documents are, these are just some used Oakley Sunglasses”. I guess they pushed it through or got the documents themselves, because I received the package a few days later. UPS charged me 3 days of warehouse fees, along with the brokerage fee. Total ended up costing nearly half as much as the item price. Use USPS.

I wouldn’t put a lot of trust into the USPS right now either. Please see my post here:

From my experience the generic drop ball test for luxottica works yoo. I had a package stuck in a fedex facility for weeks and when I finally found the paper, that’s on the OP of this thread , I sent it to FedEx and the next day my package was released and on its way again

From my experience the generic drop ball test for luxottica works yoo. I had a package stuck in a fedex facility for weeks and when I finally found the paper, that’s on the OP of this thread , I sent it to FedEx and the next day my package was released and on its way again
Hi i have package at fedex right now,i don't know where to get that drop ball certificate,can you share the certificate you used.thank you