• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fallout Collection: Black, Bronze And Rust Decay Breadboxes

Supero100

Oakley Expert
Just bought these Fallout Collection Oakleys. Got a pair of Black Fallouts, Bronze And Rust Decay Breadboxes sunglasses. Pictures are below:

photo 1.JPG

photo 5.JPG

First impressions:

I like the Black Decay way more than I thought I would. The "weathering" is very graphic in the sense that your eye is really drawn to it - the white primer (or metal/fmj bonded layer if that's what it is) stands out very sharply against the black.

The Bronze Decay and Ruby combo is surprisingly loud! The Bronze Decay frames have a warmer, more subtle dimensionality; the dirty gold highlights are enhanced by the loudness of the "fruby" lenses.

The Rust Decay has a similar feel as the Bronze; it definitely feels more ornamental than the Bronze. I like that I got a Rust frame with real orangey rust on the arms (I'll take a better photo if you want); and I'd compare the intensity of the fire polarized lenses to that of the Mag Four, which I regard as one of the "flashiest" iridium lenses oakley ever made. One negative that stands out right now is the rust has some white sh*t that takes away from the natural rust coloring.

Frogskins don't look right on me. Breadbox fit more like a Jupiter Factory Lite, but maybe look a bit more in the direction of 70s era small frame aviator style military issue sunglass.

They have a (or some) pairs in the O-store on Times Square NYC which I visited yesterday. The rust ones are not serialized (what a f* up again) but I was told they are all hand painted so no 2 pairs are the same. Same for the metal vault that comes with it. As for the numbers released I was informed that paint for a total of 1000 pairs (probably 500 FC's and 500 breadbox was produced) but that some paint got used for different purposes so in effect probably less than 500 pairs but nothing confirmed. Steep price but you know the community - in due time they will sell for more (compare it e.g. to a pair of DF gascan's).

They have a (or some) pairs in the O-store on Times Square NYC which I visited yesterday. The rust ones are not serialized (what a f* up again) but I was told they are all hand painted so no 2 pairs are the same. Same for the metal vault that comes with it. As for the numbers released I was informed that paint for a total of 1000 pairs (probably 500 FC's and 500 breadbox was produced) but that some paint got used for different purposes so in effect probably less than 500 pairs but nothing confirmed. Steep price but you know the community - in due time they will sell for more (compare it e.g. to a pair of DF gascan's).

Oakley website is now showing the BB and FC will get 1,000 pairs each...

Latest Posts

Back