• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Featured Thread of the Week - How to Manage Your Hobbies (cacatman)

Profiting at members expense sadly cost me a good friendship here.....
Sorry to hear that’s the case.

That’s because too many “assumptions” get made. I don’t know whether you were buyer or the seller, but whenever I buy something, I just decide whether it’s a “good” deal for me or a price I’d be willing to pay.

I don’t concern myself with whether the seller is making 2% profit, losing money or making a massive 3000% profit. The fact is, I wasn’t there to get the “bargain” in the first place. So why should I expect someone to not profit from getting there first? I’m just happy to get a “piece” that I want...which I may not have access to normally for a price I am happy with.

And vice versa.

Having said that, for some of my friends, I do pass on stuff for the same price I buy them for as respect for the relationship and especially if I find more than one. Some members here are famous for being generous and not making a profit. They do it as a service for people - @Beardo0628, @Da veracity, @iamFLIP, @onz, @Amak.2DK, @Trucker360 and there are others (who don’t immediately come to mind). And that’s not to say that they will never sell stuff at a profit. I’m sure they do, otherwise they will lose their marriage or (possibly) worse still(!!!), go backwards in their Oakley collection.

Some of the people I have sold to, have then gone on to sell and make a profit at some stage. Do I care? Nope. All the best to them! Does it make me think twice about selling to them? Nope. They appreciate the price I gave them, and that’s good enough for me. I value their friendship. Once they purchase it, it belongs to them. I have relinquished my rights (so to speak) to any further say in what they sell for or how they choose to use it (unless of course, there was a prior agreement as to how they are to sell later on).

Back