• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First ever Juliets

And sorry, regarding value, deceptive due to the actual condition. But frame only, $100 to $175 would be considered a "good deal" then $175-$200 for frame only would be "fair"
Yeah if rubbers suck and nose bridge needs tightened extra costs. Could have bought a nice Xmetal finish here, with bridge tightened new rubbers with torch lenes witch have that deep red you looking for ,at A bought 325-350

Did they make torch iridium for these? Anything polarized as well? What about ruby, as isn't ruby usually more of a darker red than torch, or is it the other way around? And yeah I heard they died the lens red for the cyclops ones, which gave him a headache while filming. Did he use the blinders in the first movie or is it without, or even both depending on the scene if anyone knows? Also I got them for $144.50 before shipping. Shipping was an extra $18 to bring it to a total of $162.

Did they make torch iridium for these? Anything polarized as well? What about ruby, as isn't ruby usually more of a darker red than torch, or is it the other way around? And yeah I heard they died the lens red for the cyclops ones, which gave him a headache while filming. Did he use the blinders in the first movie or is it without, or even both depending on the scene if anyone knows? Also I got them for $144.50 before shipping. Shipping was an extra $18 to bring it to a total of $162.
Torch is the closest you will get to ones In The movies, his frames are Xmetal finish in the first was Juliet's then second were pennys. You can get torch polarized custom cut by @Chris A Hardaway when you are ready..

Anyone still selling blinders for these? Also, how much would those lenses be for torch iridium polarize? I am definitely going to make these cyclops style and if they fit I will wear them everyday. Rubbers for ears and nose pads are not an issue, there are a ton in the Oakley store I work at. But are there any other rubbers like where the ear stems connect to the main part of the frames that I might have to replace soon? And finally, anyone have the links to anything about possibly cleaning up my frames best I can without damaging the finish and hurting the value?

Congrats on your new Juliets. Binders are generally not recommended as they limit your vision. As others have said. Torch is your best option for lenses to get close to what is shown in your pic.

Torch would be a custom cut. Newer ruby would look more orange than red.
Anyone still selling blinders for these? Also, how much would those lenses be for torch iridium polarize? I am definitely going to make these cyclops style and if they fit I will wear them everyday. Rubbers for ears and nose pads are not an issue, there are a ton in the Oakley store I work at. But are there any other rubbers like where the ear stems connect to the main part of the frames that I might have to replace soon? And finally, anyone have the links to anything about possibly cleaning up my frames best I can without damaging the finish and hurting the value?

A lot of info about cleaning but the finish of the one you have is not what the "xmen" is supposed to be. You bought a plasma finish and it should be "xmetal" finish. Where the confusion can be is that they are both made xmetal and part of the xmetal line. The temple shocks don't really wear out but the right size (thickness) adjust the fit to your head (tightness). You can get them refinished to xmetal or when capable may be able to trade for an xmetal finish pair in the exchange section.

Yeah I know about the finish being different, but I am ok with that. Figured that since it will be my first pair of Juliet's then I can always resell it if I am ultimately not happy with the end results. Which also is why I want to be very careful on the days I do wear them, and I always will try to keep the original finish, pieces, etc in the best shape for their value. How much are xman's services to put his touches onto xmetals?

Did these come from pawnshopdepot on ebay? Just curious because if so they will be coming from Venezuela not Miami like the auction says. It's gonna take longer to get but they will come. Several people here have bought from him.

As for blinders, @Trucker360 has some, he can tell you about them.

@SiRacer420 as a matter of fact yes! I lost out on 2 others unfortunately because of a $2.50 difference. But I found a thread regarding him and you guys said he was legit which is why I decided to win at least one pair if I could. And awesome I'd love to get a pair or two of those blinders!

Latest Posts

Back