• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First pair of Juliets

Thanks. This being the first X-metal I've handled, I'm in the learning process. Is there a way to know if they are aftermarket lenses or not? I still can't make out what the rubber says, I should have taken a pic of it.

Most aftermarket are noticeably thinner than OEM and very few have "POLARIZED" on them. Congrats on a nice pick up :D

PS! Remember to get a quality T6 screwdriver before you start tinkering with them (Wiha/Wera are great)

Most aftermarket are noticeably thinner than OEM and very few have "POLARIZED" on them. Congrats on a nice pick up :D

PS! Remember to get a quality T6 screwdriver before you start tinkering with them (Wiha/Wera are great)
Thanks. These may be aftermarket since I found out the rubber is from wallava which sells lenses in kits. They don't have polarized etched on them either. Yeah I'll pick a t6 up eventually but for now I'm not sure I'll be tinkering with them.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yeah the box is a little rough but that's to be expected lol. This frame doesn't have a serial on it unfortunately.

Great grab Jmo. Don't fret yourself into an ulcer over the box and serial number, unless you're planning on being a Juliet flipper for a living or putting together an absolutely pristine collection of the finest examples extant (please reference @X-Metal Beast thread here X-Metals & More and prepare in advance to drool all over your shirt)
Other than that, if you get matching box and papers and coin its a great bonus, I have a few and don't really go after them. I get X Metals (Juliets especially!!) to love and display and I wear every stinkin' pair.

Enjoy the hell out of them, man!!

Great grab Jmo. Don't fret yourself into an ulcer over the box and serial number, unless you're planning on being a Juliet flipper for a living or putting together an absolutely pristine collection of the finest examples extant (please reference @X-Metal Beast thread here X-Metals & More and prepare in advance to drool all over your shirt)
Other than that, if you get matching box and papers and coin its a great bonus, I have a few and don't really go after them. I get X Metals (Juliets especially!!) to love and display and I wear every stinkin' pair.

Enjoy the hell out of them, man!!

Thanks Doug. Not super worried about the box and serial # either, like you said I plan to wear em and enjoy em. Wouldn't want to with a pristine pair. Definitely not into flipping them, just collecting and displaying and having people call me nuts for having a bunch of different pairs.

I'll have to check out that thread but at the same time I don't want my wallet to see it, it might want to go crazy lol.

Thanks Doug. Not super worried about the box and serial # either, like you said I plan to wear em and enjoy em. Wouldn't want to with a pristine pair. Definitely not into flipping them, just collecting and displaying and having people call me nuts for having a bunch of different pairs.

I'll have to check out that thread but at the same time I don't want my wallet to see it, it might want to go crazy lol.

Excellent! I love hearing that. Wear and enjoy them. That's not to say don't take care of them, but get them on and get outside! :dance2:

And as for that thread...I've bought some "castaways" from Marc and they are among the nicest pairs I have! Your wallet will ache for days!!