• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flight Jacket and Field Jacket

delarscuevas

I should Work at Oakley
Netherlands
Just found these at the Dutch Trade show:
Single lens Flight Jacket and dual lens full frame Field Jacket. Both feature a latch mechanism in the centre for extra ventilation while standing still. Sounds a a bit gimmicky to me.
Flight Jacket has exchangeable stems by the way, Field Jacket does not.
DSC_0024.JPG

Last edited:
Allready at trade shows.
Looks pretty cool.
Wonder when they will be released.
Haven't heard about the field jacket.
Nice to see the jacket name come back.

I am not sure about the ring pull tab in the centre, seems a bit half finished. By dual lense do you mean it comes with two lenses or that it will have a double glazed lens like a snow goggle?

Also, it is not a Wind Jacket 2.0 in Prizm Trail, they need to hurry up and release some none snow versions of that thing.

I think the issue is that the 2015 R2 releases are still too good, Oakley has no choice but to work weird angles at fixing stuff that isn't broken.

IMO the upside to the Flight Jacket is that the absence of an upper rim will help with helmet interfacing, while letting the lens run up higher. Curious about the Field Jacket, which I'm hoping is the "EV" dual lens frame that has been missing in the lineup.

Field jacket is a more classic, subdued design, with two separate lenses in a full frame. It looked non-EV to me.

Last edited:
Back