• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FMJ Ebay

Hey guys this joker just messaged me again. Here's the message. Wants PayPal friends/family as payment!:lol:

Screenshot_20170806-113842.jpg

Another oddity: the seller cancelled the original listing yesterday afternoon, citing "the item is no longer available" as the reason for the cancellation, then re-listed the FMJ ten minutes later.

Another oddity: the seller cancelled the original listing yesterday afternoon, citing "the item is no longer available" as the reason for the cancellation, then re-listed the FMJ ten minutes later.
yes he did. It's a scam as far as I'm concerned. Why not accept goods / services as payment? He wants friends/family. Odd

Ok so now he messaged me again and stated 8000 PayPal f/f or deposit of 500 payed through eBay and remainder 7500 + 240 g/s
:punish: why not the whole payment through eBay?
Yes there is an eBay fee but still.

eBay's help says:
"Buyer protection
Under the eBay Money Back Guarantee, you're protected for the full value of most orders, including shipping, when you pay with PayPal."

As written, this policy says nothing about G&S versus F&F, or about paying through eBay versus paying through PayPal.
If you are seriously considering sending any money, call eBay and ask for clarification about how the Buyer Protection policy would apply to this listing. I have always found eBay's customer service representatives to be extremely helpful over the phone.

I'm not interested in the watch, but I just sent him a message that I'm local (I am) and want to meet to inspect it and buy it. I'm sure the response will be he's selling it for a family member and they and the watch are in Alaska.

If he is willing to meet, I'd be happy to help middle man it for you.

I'm not interested in the watch, but I just sent him a message that I'm local (I am) and want to meet to inspect it and buy it. I'm sure the response will be he's selling it for a family member and they and the watch are in Alaska. Keep us posted!

If he is willing to meet, I'd be happy to help middle man it for you.

On the carbon C6 I sold 2 years ago I actually had a flight booked to NY to sell it face to face before I sold it locally. I would have spent the same in shipping costs as a flight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk