• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

General Suggestions?

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Just wanted to see if anyone had general suggestions or ideas for the site? Features you saw somewhere else? New Sections etc. If something gets enough support, it might be added to the site!

Always looking to improve the site, and give you guys what you want!

On another site, to bump you'd threads you have an actual "bump" button. This is the only way to bump your thread. Once you push it, you can't hit it again for a set amount of time. Something like that would be handy around here

Also, more mods

A section for art, artistic photos including oakley- medusas are awesome things to photograph I bet, painting oakley stuff like painting drawings ect, and sculpturs custom bob sculpts and concept sunglasses.

(Posted from my phone, fix grammar later)

gunezzue said:
A section for art, artistic photos including oakley- medusas are awesome things to photograph I bet, painting oakley stuff like painting drawings ect, and sculpturs custom bob sculpts and concept sunglasses.

(Posted from my phone, fix grammar later)

Great idea!

On another site, to bump you'd threads you have an actual "bump" button. This is the only way to bump your thread. Once you push it, you can't hit it again for a set amount of time. Something like that would be handy around here

Also, more mods

I like the button idea. The 48hr rule is abused quite a bit, even by me. Maybe it doesn't have to be a button, but the original poster of an exchange topic shouldn't be allowed to post in the topic until 48 hrs have passed or someone else posts so a question can be answered openly. The only issue I see is when you're trying to list a bunch of stuff and the picture cap is 10 images so you have to spill onto a second post to fit everything.

There's a fine line between having some freedom and having things locked down too tight. 1 more might be a good idea.

Edit:

We did have an artistic photograph thread. I don't think a specific section is needed.

Also, more mods

I implemented a new feature in the exchange sections, that prevents the original poster from posting in his thread for 48 hours, or until someone else posts in the thread. It will also tell you how long until you can bump in a little box above the thread.

The only issue I see is when you're trying to list a bunch of stuff and the picture cap is 10 images so you have to spill onto a second post to fit everything.

To Account for this, I upped the max photos to 20. Which should be plenty!! If anyone needs more than that, they can contact a mod or myself to help.

I'm going to do some more research into the bump button since it seems like an awesome idea.

I'm going to do some more research into the bump button since it seems like an awesome idea.

It's implemented on pbnation.com

They have it set up for 4 hours right now, and reduced by an hour for every 20 posts since them bump. (A lot larger member base though)

Back