• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half Jacket 2.0 a. SI Half Jacket 2.0 difference?

My question: I had a Custom pair built and paid for the Fire Polarized XL lens. However, when received, there was no "polarized" etching on the lens. Are they no longer etching the lens (I've seen Prizm P for those types of lenses), or did they install the wrong lens? Oh, and in the spot where yours says "Made in USA," mine says "Custom."

OCP polarized lenses are left blank to allow for a custom etching. Like @StG said, you can test them on a computer screen too.

I recommend Half Jacket 1.0, if 2.0 feels too flimsy. That's full on sports frame. Fits super snug. I've used it for rock climbing, hanging and dropping all kinds of ways and it never even moved on my head. (And in my personal opinion it looks better too ;))

I recommend Half Jacket 1.0, if 2.0 feels too flimsy. That's full on sports frame. Fits super snug. I've used it for rock climbing, hanging and dropping all kinds of ways and it never even moved on my head. (And in my personal opinion it looks better too ;))
Thru, but Oakley will not cut RX Lenses for discontinued frames.

Test them by hold the lenses in front of a digital screen, look thru and turn them 45 to 90°.
So, I looked through them while wearing them at two computer screens. One appeared extremely dark, while the other appeared fairly normal. And I looked at each screen individually with each lens, closing one eye, looking and switching. Same appearance. How was the electronic screen supposed to look, following your directions?

Ok.
This is a non Polarized Lens.
The color of the lens looking thru stays the same.
If you have a Polarized lens, the lens darkens in one of the orientations.
But both lenses should react the same way.

BD8B5C83-1502-4FEC-AB80-07F4FC7E73A9.jpeg
D0BDA8F1-FA06-4822-950D-D8782E686A60.jpeg
FDF0C3DE-8FCF-41C5-BA0E-11FEF4A8E6BD.jpeg

Ok.
This is a non Polarized Lens.
The color of the lens looking thru stays the same.
If you have a Polarized lens, the lens darkens in one of the orientations.
But both lenses should react the same way.

View attachment 817559View attachment 817560View attachment 817561
More investigation is required. I do know that looking through tinted windows with a polarized lens will produce a rainbow effect, so I'll have to take them out the next time I plan on driving. Thank you for your assistance and time.

Latest Posts

Back