• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half-X For $100?

Razerwire

And then there was X...
Falls Church, VA
Dunno if the guy is willing to ship but he's selling a Half-X for $100 that has some lens damage. I fired him an email asking whether it's for local pick up only.

I've only tried on a Half-X once and I don't recall thinking much about them and from what I read on OReview, it's not very highly touted.

But the price seems awfully good at $100.

They could have done more with the styling, but of all the x-metals they are the most comfortable and practical for everyday use. By themselves I think they are one of the best sunglasses Oakley makes in terms of fit, comfort, lens quality, and durability, but unfortunately that usually gets overshadowed by the expectations of what an X-Metal should be.

They could have done more with the styling, but of all the x-metals they are the most comfortable and practical for everyday use. By themselves I think they are one of the best sunglasses Oakley makes in terms of fit, comfort, lens quality, and durability, but unfortunately that usually gets overshadowed by the expectations of what an X-Metal should be.

I guess its a personal choice, but dude, did you forget the Juliet?! ahha, those are just AWESOME! I'll give the HalfX durability, because they flaked out on flex couplers (which is kinda cheating in the X-metal world). Im not even a fan of the Rivetless flex coupler in the X-Squared.. it just dont look right!

It does rather resemble a fancy hinged Half Wire.

It's definitely the most subdued in the X-Metal line and I guess I'm okay with that since there has to be one that's most subdued right? The poor Half-X got chosen to be it. What would be next in line for most subdued X-Metal? The Mars? Romeo 2.0?

It's definitely the most subdued in the X-Metal line and I guess I'm okay with that since there has to be one that's most subdued right? The poor Half-X got chosen to be it. What would be next in line for most subdued X-Metal? The Mars? Romeo 2.0?

I call the Mars, simply because despite its styling, its outshadowed by the Mars Crater (basically what the mars should have been). after that it gets real close to call..

The Juliet is great and I have more of those than any other x-metal. No doubt it looks better, but speaking in practical terms the lens coverage and wrap is not as good, and compared to a half frame neither is the field of view. The spring hinge also provides a better fit, and the lower weight mixed with the larger unobtainium on the stems prevents them from moving around a lot like the Juliets.

Also the mars is by far the most subdued if you exclude the lens shape. Other than that they are pretty boring. That said going by the "how insane will you look wearing them" factor, they are right up there with the best.

The hinges on the Half X also pivot up and down. Its kinda wierd....

Back