• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half X. Is It Really A Sought After X Metal Or Will It Ever Be?

Its cool Brip....I suppose that could have happened, "It is what it is' so to speak, but my 11,000's is good enough for me...... besides these were the first X metals in my collection so they have intrinsic value, cold dead hands sorta thing, 97 was a long long time ago too.

My own pair of Romeo - X Metal - Black 04-100 is the very early Jordan piece with serial 1112, on these the serial was not also on the label, but faintly hand written at the edge of the underside of the box, the label is the very early black with white orbital drawing of the glasses, rather than the later black with pic image (and then later still two colour label with glasses image). The most different thing is the text underneath the box taking up the whole central third and it is this that differentiates the packaging from that of any other X Metal box that I have seen. Of course the pair has smooth red socks, the older microbag with white tag and the early warranty cards, the claim post card dated 1996. I believe the four digit serials up to 5000 are the real deal, but I would like to know when the normal text boxes came in.

Its cool Brip....I suppose that could have happened, "It is what it is' so to speak, but my 11,000's is good enough for me...... besides these were the first X metals in my collection so they have intrinsic value, cold dead hands sorta thing, 97 was a long long time ago too.

yeah no i getcha bro, i got my romeo and the serial is 101***. really late example haha.. but im in it for the historical interest. as rvF says above, even the serials on the box were hand written back then lol. its conpletely possible

Just curious, how does the size of the Half X, which seems to be very narrow from stem to stem, stack up against the Penny?

Latest Posts

Back