• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Half X Project

Zax

Chicago
Decided to keep the Half X I had and go through with the customization. Pretty excited, and thought I'd share since it's definitely interesting (at least to me).

First got them as a complete package:

s-l1600.jpg

Lenses were beat, the frame was scuffed, but springs were in tact and rubbers were good.

Got new lenses from @zwc0442 , and sent them off to @Chris A Hardaway for a custom "trimming". He took them down by 4mm, which should make them look a little less ridiculous on my face.

1505248619392-2001489352.jpg

Now they're on the way to Zach for a cerakote finish, to give it a more "matte black" look. Excited to see how these look.

I know it's not the most exciting thing, but I'm pumped!

Want to thank everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions, and I greatly appreciate all of the talent as well!

==================================================================================

Before:
IMG_8903.JPG

After:
IMG_9327.JPG
IMG_9326.JPG
IMG_9325.JPG
IMG_9323.JPG

Last edited:
Decided to keep the Half X I had and go through with the customization. Pretty excited, and thought I'd share since it's definitely interesting (at least to me).

First got them as a complete package:

View attachment 378546

Lenses were beat, the frame was scuffed, but springs were in tact and rubbers were good.

Got new lenses from @zwc0442 , and sent them off to @Chris A Hardaway for a custom "trimming". He took them down by 4mm, which should make them look a little less ridiculous on my face.

View attachment 378547

Now they're on the way to Zach for a cerakote finish, to give it a more "matte black" look. Excited to see how these look.

I know it's not the most exciting thing, but I'm pumped!

Want to thank everyone who has provided feedback and suggestions, and I greatly appreciate all of the talent as well!

==================================================================================

Before:
View attachment 378548
This is trully exciting, I know @zwc0442 is about to used his magic pretty soon.

These are gonna look great, I would have taken a photo on me, but they were already too small lol. Now they are way too small on me! Didn't want to damage the spring hinges.

Can't wait to see after photos in a few weeks.

:popcorn: Looking forward to seeing the final results. Congrats on getting some great work done by great folks.

Back