• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello and RX Help!

Warhawk

Oakley Beginner
I think I've registered to the Forum a while back, but I'm here to introduce myself. My name is Eryk and I've been an Oakley addict since the fall of 1997 - when I became an owner of a brand new pair of EyeJackets Fuel frame Gold Iridium lens... and I have that pair still, though upgraded with RX lenses. In fact, I still have and periodically use all the Oakley glasses - aside for the broken ones. I'm also addicted to Oakley Hatchett's - which are my favorite frame.

So why RX Help... well I have Racing Jackets OO9171-27 that I bought in 2014, and wanted to make them RX but then life happened bought a home in Jan 2015, my second daughter was born in 2016... and in 2018 I'm being told that Oakley no longer makes RX lenses for my RacingJacket. I called Oakley - and they said that they still make the lenses for my pair, but my optician said that Oakley told him they don't... Glasses.com doesn't list Racing Jackets as RX ready... So what do I do? I still want these glasses to be RX. My plan was to go with 24K Gold lenses. I would be very grateful for anyone's feedback and help.

I have also been told by the Oakley store that they no longer do prescription lenses for frames that are no longer in production.

I Had to turn to after market lenses. I have had good luck with Fuse .

Oakley Racing Jacket New Vented Prescription Lenses | Fuse-RX Lenses

Thank you very much for the link. I thought that my Racing Jackets were pretty much the same as the ones that are currently on Oakley's site. And even when I went to the RX Sun section of the site and selected cycling they have a Racing Jacket shown as an example for progressive lenses Oakley

You also can take them to any eye doctor to get a prescription put on them, they won’t be Oakley but they make good RX lenses

Latest Posts

Back