• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello Oakley Enthusiasts

MontMozart

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Hello All,

I currently own 3 pairs of Oakleys...my reading Rx glasses (haha), a pair of Blenders (still new in box, never worn), and a pair plasma Juliets (4th or 5th generation from what I gathered because they have no serial number) right now they have the ice (blue) lenses, they came with iridium ice polarized lenses, but I switched them out....no box unfortunately, but I am looking.

I have worn the Juliets for the past 8 or 9 years and they still look great, but getting a bit loose. So I figured I would get another pair of x-metals, so doing research, I came across this forum...and here I am.

I have many other hobbies (golf and darts) and I have collected tons of different things over the years, I hope I don't get completely swept away in collecting x-metals, that could get expensive.

So, I am sure I will ask a bunch of dumb questions while I am learning about this hobby, so bare with me. But when I get into a hobby I want to learn everything I can about it.

Thanks,
Z

Hi and welcome, we will help you out so you have 50 glasses in no time :)
For the Juliet nose bridge, a lot of forum members can change the flex couplers for you.

If you become premium member you can use the exchange to buy / sell immediately, private messages, etc.
Or wait 2 weeks and 15 post

This is what you need for the nose bridge fix

Pins & flex couplers.jpg

@StG - Yep, I live in the Akron/Canton area (northeast) of Ohio.

@Scarface - Thanks for the information. I have watched videos on how to change the flex coupler...I am still trying to decide whether I want to try and tackle it myself. I have repair vintage fountain pens (one of my past hobbies) and I started to learn how to repair watches, so knocking out the rivets/pins is something I am familiar with, but I don't know if I want to give x-metals a try, we will see.

50 sets in no time....that is what I fear....and I think with the cost of them, I am pretty safe from getting to 50.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes so far.
Z

@StG - Yep, I live in the Akron/Canton area (northeast) of Ohio.

@Scarface - Thanks for the information. I have watched videos on how to change the flex coupler...I am still trying to decide whether I want to try and tackle it myself. I have repair vintage fountain pens (one of my past hobbies) and I started to learn how to repair watches, so knocking out the rivets/pins is something I am familiar with, but I don't know if I want to give x-metals a try, we will see.

50 sets in no time....that is what I fear....and I think with the cost of them, I am pretty safe from getting to 50.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes so far.
Z
I can only recommend not to watch anymore U-Tube Videos. All I have seen so far are more likely to damage the X-Metal. If you see a Guy sitting in his kitchen using a Hammer and a pin driver move on or keep watching to see how not to. OMG so funny. Sad thing is, so many like what he is doing.

Latest Posts

Back