• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HELP!!! Badman hinges

They said the credit card transaction is not valid, I asked already and they'll only accept an invoice (a scanned copy would do).

I thought this would be easy enough, as a copy of someone's proof of purchase won't become invalidated, as they just want to confirm they were purchased within one year time.

They said the credit card transaction is not valid, I asked already and they'll only accept an invoice (a scanned copy would do).

I thought this would be easy enough, as a copy of someone's proof of purchase won't become invalidated, as they just want to confirm they were purchased within one year time.

It's not that we are not here to help out members and point them in the right direction, give advice, and in fact given away stuff to help others out. It's the mere fact that your first post you tell half a story then request a copy of someone's receipt cause you broke a pair of glasses.

Most members on here get deals on stuff and in fact won't show you the receipt on what they paid. It's not that someone won't assist you but you come on here expecting to get a member to just send you a copy of a receipt so that you can take advantage of the one year warranty on a pair of glasses which you didn't buy from an authorized dealer. You take that risk just like the rest of us when you buy from eBay.

Not withstanding the fact that the receipt sku number needs to match your pair as they are several badman frames that were available. When you come onto a forum no matter what it is be cognizant and know that the majority of us know what's up. Just the comment "you thought it would be easy" tells me your here to satisfy your own needs. It's not like your looking for info, you want someone's private receipt.

I have just managed to get hold of a pair of Badman Plasma with Sapphire lenses but this hinge issue is putting me off a bit. I got them for £140 GBP which is a great price so may keep hold of them but guess they don't make them like they used to.

OK, whatever. You make it sound like I'm asking for someone's passport or bank account password. Usually a proof of purchase is something you toss away, not something your life depends on.

Anyways. Today I just broke another Badman hinge so that really pisses me off (towards Oakley for putting out such a crappy product), and reinforces the idea of customers supporting, instead of questioning each other.

As a solution I'll try and CAD/CAM a springless hinge that helps solve this problem and I'll open source it for any user who wants to have it milled (should charge Oakley for R&D though).

OK, whatever. You make it sound like I'm asking for someone's passport or bank account password. Usually a proof of purchase is something you toss away, not something your life depends on.

Anyways. Today I just broke another Badman hinge so that really pisses me off (towards Oakley for putting out such a crappy product), and reinforces the idea of customers supporting, instead of questioning each other.

As a solution I'll try and CAD/CAM a springless hinge that helps solve this problem and I'll open source it for any user who wants to have it milled (should charge Oakley for R&D though).
Wow.

Just wow.

You do know that the warranty isn't valid for purchases from unauthorized sites (eBay is an unauthorized site) and it doesn't transfer

cee635ee95c611dfc3fdbf5eb5390b9e.jpg

It's tempting to say something mean, but I'll pass.

Attention everyone. Today's lesson will include care and control of your valuable and expensive sunglasses. We will also hold classes on learning your lesson the first time and how not to whine about a company creating a crappy product when you have the option to buy something else. Most importantly not to complain about something when you don't get your way. There will also be a special class in sarcasm and how to do it yourself when you don't get your way.

Attention everyone. Today's lesson will include care and control of your valuable and expensive sunglasses. We will also hold classes on learning your lesson the first time and how not to whine about a company creating a crappy product when you have the option to buy something else. Most importantly not to complain about something when you don't get your way. There will also be a special class in sarcasm and how to do it yourself when you don't get your way.
Are the classes FREE?

You seem to miss the point - it's not what you're asking for so much as that you're brand new and immediately asking for this.

This is a discussion forum, and a community. Favors are done here, but usually people take the time to get to know each other on here first; one is more likely to receive a favor from someone one has built a relationship with. All too often people sign up, look to buy or sell an item or get a unused discount code or something like that then disappear. That's not what this forum is about, that's considered being taken advantage of, and that's the main reason for the pushback you've received.

Then, most of us who buy our items from authorized dealers provide a copy of our proof of purchase to Oakley for a 2nd year of warranty. So you're asking for something that many of us have already tied to our account.

Finally, as pointed out in the earlier post, the source from which you bought your badman does not qualify for the warranty; you're trying to circumvent the policy and get warranty work done on an unqualified purchase. This forum is public and visible to all, members and guests. They may not have done so as much in the past, but these days Oakley LP pays close attention to the forum, looking for stuff like this.

Making purchases from unauthorized dealers to get a better deal has its risks, and lack of warranty is one of them.

Back