• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HELP!!! Badman hinges

You seem to miss the point - it's not what you're asking for so much as that you're brand new and immediately asking for this.

This is a discussion forum, and a community. Favors are done here, but usually people take the time to get to know each other on here first; one is more likely to receive a favor from someone one has built a relationship with. All too often people sign up, look to buy or sell an item or get a unused discount code or something like that then disappear. That's not what this forum is about, that's considered being taken advantage of, and that's the main reason for the pushback you've received.

Then, most of us who buy our items from authorized dealers provide a copy of our proof of purchase to Oakley for a 2nd year of warranty. So you're asking for something that many of us have already tied to our account.

Finally, as pointed out in the earlier post, the source from which you bought your badman does not qualify for the warranty; you're trying to circumvent the policy and get warranty work done on an unqualified purchase. This forum is public and visible to all, members and guests. They may not have done so as much in the past, but these days Oakley LP pays close attention to the forum, looking for stuff like this.

Making purchases from unauthorized dealers to get a better deal has its risks, and lack of warranty is one of them.

Thank you.

You seem to miss the point - it's not what you're asking for so much as that you're brand new and immediately asking for this.

This is a discussion forum, and a community. Favors are done here, but usually people take the time to get to know each other on here first; one is more likely to receive a favor from someone one has built a relationship with. All too often people sign up, look to buy or sell an item or get a unused discount code or something like that then disappear. That's not what this forum is about, that's considered being taken advantage of, and that's the main reason for the pushback you've received.

Then, most of us who buy our items from authorized dealers provide a copy of our proof of purchase to Oakley for a 2nd year of warranty. So you're asking for something that many of us have already tied to our account.

Finally, as pointed out in the earlier post, the source from which you bought your badman does not qualify for the warranty; you're trying to circumvent the policy and get warranty work done on an unqualified purchase. This forum is public and visible to all, members and guests. They may not have done so as much in the past, but these days Oakley LP pays close attention to the forum, looking for stuff like this.

Making purchases from unauthorized dealers to get a better deal has its risks, and lack of warranty is one of them.
As always. Way more interesting to read than my one line comments. :p

OK, whatever. You make it sound like I'm asking for someone's passport or bank account password. Usually a proof of purchase is something you toss away, not something your life depends on.

Anyways. Today I just broke another Badman hinge so that really pisses me off (towards Oakley for putting out such a crappy product), and reinforces the idea of customers supporting, instead of questioning each other.

As a solution I'll try and CAD/CAM a springless hinge that helps solve this problem and I'll open source it for any user who wants to have it milled (should charge Oakley for R&D though).
As @kronin323 said. Yeah.

But you gotta understand another thing. For some of us ...who knows how many ...Oakley knows EVERYTHING we have purchased down to the date and location of purchase.

Some of us even have our names or aliases attached to our receipts.

I'm not saying anymore. That was just too much effort. I don't get how @kronin323 does it ;)

As @kronin323 said. Yeah.

But you gotta understand another thing. For some of us ...who knows how many ...Oakley knows EVERYTHING we have purchased down to the date and location of purchase.

Some of us even have our names or aliases attached to our receipts.

I'm not saying anymore. That was just too much effort. I don't get how @kronin323 does it ;)
It is just the nature of The Fouker.

And this is how a proper educated reply is made, a sincere thank you for your time and right manners.

The other user was quite opinionated and frustrated right off the bat. If he had followed your guidelines, the tone of the conversation would've been entirely different.

Regarding the brand, Oakley has been my choice for quite some time already since I purchased my first Jackets many years ago, followed by wires, romeo, magnesium switch, cross hairs, racing jacket, and probably a few others. This is the first time EVER this happens on a particular model, and adding insult to injury on TWO different frames; so the drop in quality is beyond all doubt.

Last, my offer to invest my time and knowledge in engineering and CAD systems was sttiken out by the complaining members, making more evident the desire to bash someone instead of recognizing a will to help the community.

The eyewear hasn't been out long enough to be outside of the warranty period. The stores now take and handle warranties for the customer which makes life so much easier with issues like this. Here's what you do, go into your local ostore or vault and say you bought these and they broke. They'll ask you for a receipt and you just say you lost it. Be as bleak as possible and remind them the style is not even 2 years old (but do it nicely lol) . If they are good, they'll take care of you.

I hope this helps!

Latest Posts

Back