• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help needed for California trip

JayMann

Oakley Expert
Luton UK
Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time since my last post but I'm planing a trip with the wife for a few days in San Fran and then a drive down to LA for a few days there as well next month.

Wanted to ask you guys that may live around there or have been yourself's if there are any cool Oakley store's or places I should check out?

We're planing to stopping 1 Icon as well... Is there much to see?... How long should we plan to be there I'm thinking would need a good hour if there isn't much to see?

Thanks as always Jay

It’s hit or miss with the bunker, sometimes the museum is open sometimes they move the displays for meetings. They have the Oakley trucks, the big ass torpedo in the front, the helo pad, tank, store front and a little RC race track next to the entrance. It would be awesome if you are able to get a tour.

Like @Oakleynerd said you can visit the first Oakley store at the spectrum but it changed a lot from its original opening day.

In S.F.

1. Fisherman's Warf - shopping, eating, entertainment
2. Alcatraz - take a ferry over and get a tour
3. Driving Tour - there is a scenic tour you drive that takes you through the city, to botanical gardens, the Presidio.
4. Buena Vista Cafe - if you like Irish coffee, you have to go here for 1....or 2.....or 3. (It's close to Ghiridelli Square)

Outside S.F.

I never made it but I heard a trip down the coast through Monterey is pretty cool. It's a slow drive from S.F. but very scenic from what I heard. After you hit Monterey you can continue down the coast or shoot back mainland to the highway to get to LA.

Good luck. Have a great trip.

Look @Orion suggests. Just be mindful if you park near fisherman's wharf there have been numerous car breakins. They love going for rented cars. Keep valuables out of sight if you can't carry it with you. Parking is expensive here. Weather can change here within a matter of hours.
Enjoy your visit here!

Thanks for the Info guys!

Was gonna hit up the Vault at the SF premium outlets and the Vault at the desert hills outlets.

But I'll be sure to pop in to the Spectrum Center as it isn't to far from the Bunker.

Anyone know if the Vault at Citadel outlets is worth a visit?

Also any ideas where we can park as we will be doing the Alcatraz tour at 9am (Pier 33)

Was gonna hit up the Vault at the SF premium outlets and the Vault at the desert hills outlets.

But I'll be sure to pop in to the Spectrum Center as it isn't to far from the Bunker.

Also any ideas where we can park as we will be doing the Alcatraz tour at 9am (Pier 33)

The citadel in LA?

@JayMann there are parking garages nearby. Most meters here in San Francisco have a 2 hour limit, which will run you between $2 - $4 per hour.
You can click on the link which can give you an idea on the prices which will be around $24 for 12 hours.
Parking Search Engine - Cities & Airports - Daily/Monthly Garages & Lots.
Just type in Pier 33 The Embarcadero

Sorry yes the one in LA.

My opinion... MEH! It’s pretty crowded unless you go during the week. It’s right off the 5 freeway so technically it’s one of the easiest outlet malls to get to on your way south. There is another outlet in orange, it’s called the block. It has a skate park if your into skateboarding.

Latest Posts

Back