• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help needed for California trip

My opinion... MEH! It’s pretty crowded unless you go during the week. It’s right off the 5 freeway so technically it’s one of the easiest outlet malls to get to on your way south. There is another outlet in orange, it’s called the block. It has a skate park if your into skateboarding.

Ok cool we're thinking of going on a Wednesday and hit this up on our way back to the hotel so will see how I get on at the other Vault's if I do well there then I'll give this a miss.

Thanks again for your help guys!

Ok cool we're thinking of going on a Wednesday and hit this up on our way back to the hotel so will see how I get on at the other Vault's if I do well there then I'll give this a miss.

Thanks again for your help guys!

I live in the Bay Area. I never go to SF because the traffic is literally the worst in the world, congestion in the Bay Area is at an all time high and the political situation here is an absolute mess.

That being said, SF might be fun for a tourist. I like Park Presidio and Crissy Field, the rest of SF is pretty unbearable. You could even go north across the Golden Gate to San Rafael and check out Marin County, it is more scenic than filthy San Francisco.

Oakley stores aren't that special. But I've been known to spent excessive hours in them LoL...

The best Oakley Vault here is in the Great Mall in Milpitas. Vile place, really, unless you like malls...

When you go southward, I'd recommend driving along the coast down the 1 Highway. Go camping in Big Sur, much nicer than a mall...believe me and the scenic areas in CA look great through a pair of Oakley PRIZMs

Last edited:
Thanks for the Info guys!

Also any ideas where we can park as we will be doing the Alcatraz tour at 9am (Pier 33)

That's a great trip, we did it last year. Spent a few days in SF, Carmel and Napa and then drove down to LA via Yosemite and Sequoia Parks, fantastic! When we did Alcatraz, we parked at 55 Francisco Parking (was great), but if you go on the Alcatraz tours website there are a few places around there. We went with our kids, so we stopped off at the Exploratorium before hand, which is also really good.

When we drove to 1 Icon (it's quite a way from LA itself) we stopped at Newport beach, particularly Crystal Cove. Really nice beach and the restaurant, the Beachcomber (The Beachcomber® at Crystal Cove - thebeachcombercafe.com ) is brilliant and the food was fantastic. It can be hard to get a reservation, but you give your details when you arrive and they give you a buzzer. You can go enjoy the beach for an hour or so and the buzz you when your table is ready.

Latest Posts

Back