• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help Needed Please re : Jordan Romeo Red Rubbers

Can anyone explain why they are different lengths (assuming they are OEM)? Is it an early generation thing?

My understanding is that Jordan R1 red rubbers only have "CE" printed on one of the ear rubbers and the other has no markings at all (ie. NO "Made in the USA" stamp) and the Ducati Juliet rubbers have "CE" on one side and "Made in the USA" on the other. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

Different sized OEM red rubbers
cb779358-ccf2-465d-9229-b9e83fbeb8e7-jpg.jpg

@cacatman - your 1st pic is a mix of Juliet Ducati (CE) and a shorter R1 Red Jordan (blank).

As has been said by others, the R1 Red Jordans are both blank and slightly shorter. The follow up “Black R1 Jordan rubbers” = same shorter size and one blank + one marked “CE”.

I have a few sets of R1 red Jordans ready to ship (from UK) if interested?

I have the full Rep service kit and have sorted my own pairs... so selling off surplus (on top of a small personal refurb stash of course).

@cacatman - your 1st pic is a mix of Juliet Ducati (CE) and a shorter R1 Red Jordan (blank).

As has been said by others, the R1 Red Jordans are both blank and slightly shorter. The follow up “Black R1 Jordan rubbers” = same shorter size and one blank + one marked “CE”.

I have a few sets of R1 red Jordans ready to ship (from UK) if interested?

I have the full Rep service kit and have sorted my own pairs... so selling off surplus (on top of a small personal refurb stash of course).
Thanks for your message, but I think I’m ok for now.

I am also selling on eBay but happy to help a bro out if you PM... I have every thing needed to completely overhaul the Romeo 1 frame:

OAKLEY X-METAL ROMEO 1.0 JORDAN SUNGLASSES - FULL FRAME KIT (RED)

> 2 x TEMPLE SHOCKS - BLACK
> 2 x EAR STEM SOCKS / SLEEVES

- Red Jordan rubber socks
True to the specs of the original Jordan, neither side has any imprints of “Made in USA” (while more common kits for other X Metals do, e.g. Juliets / XX / X Squared).

> 2 x NOSE BOMBS - BLACK
> 2 x UPPER FRAME GASKETS
> 2 x LOWER FRAME GASKETS
> 2 x ORBITAL SCREWS (longer)
> 2 x STEM SCREWS (shorter)
> 8 x STEM HINGE WASHERS

All authentic OEM Oakley in new (unused) condition. Comes in a clear plastic bag.

Cheers!

Genuine 'Jordan' earsocks (imho the original four digit Romeos have to have a name to differentiate them from later pairs) have no markings on either one. 'CE' and 'Made in USA' came about at the same time. Early six digit pairs have no markings on their black earsocks, either.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Aaaand I have to correct myself straight away :errwhat:

@mjt42 had it right... the black R1s were / are “Made in USA” on one + blank on the other. No CE....
four digit pairs had no markings - red or black. early six digit pairs have made in usa but no ce marking...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited: