• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help! Sunglasses broken!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my experience friendships work better on a strict "you break it, you replace it" regime.. One of the reasons I don't like loaning out my sunglasses or goggles is that some people don't realize a scratch is very often a new lens, but everyone knows that if they damage the Porsche it goes to the dealer at their expense...

In my experience friendships work better on a strict "you break it, you replace it" regime.. One of the reasons I don't like loaning out my sunglasses or goggles is that some people don't realize a scratch is very often a new lens, but everyone knows that if they damage the Porsche it goes to the dealer at their expense...
+1
If you cant replace a pair of flaks for a friend, then you better never eat out, buy all of your clothes at Goodwill, and ride a bicycle everywhere.

+1
If you cant replace a pair of flaks for a friend, then you better never eat out, buy all of your clothes at Goodwill, and ride a bicycle everywhere.
Can I borrow your car? By the way. Is it ok if I wreck it we just call it even anyway? :twitch:

To the OP. Personally I would replace them, unless you can get a spare arm etc, nobody really wants a repaired O Matter frame back after lending em' out unless its perfect ! Explain what has happened to your mate, and guarantee him this. It's the only way to be.

Yes, I am a douche for being unable to replace someone's expensive eyewear.
I've talked with him about this and he said that he can get a pair of $5 sunglasses that'd provide the same function. I am still seeing if he'll let me buy his new pair, but the rudeness from OakleyGuru isn't needed whatsoever.

Thank you to anyone who responded with a helpful reply to this, rather than calling me a douche for being unable to afford $120+ sunglasses.

+1
Your general outlook on people of low income is really disgusting. I am not buying my clothes at goodwill and have a car, but I'm not frivolous enough (and neither is my friend) to think that sunglasses that cost more than $50 is a sensible way to use your money. Sorry that my life isn't full of opulence like yours.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yikes
Can I borrow your car? By the way. Is it ok if I wreck it we just call it even anyway? :twitch:
Yikes, what an exaggeration. I really hope you aren't staff for this forum because you make it look like it's full of trash.

Yikes

Yikes, what an exaggeration. I really hope you aren't staff for this forum because you make it look like it's full of trash.
That's exactly what it was. An exaggeration and meant to be lighthearted.

And no. I am not a staff member of this forum nor would I want to be a staff member. There are too many people who act like children and I would have to crack the whip too many times for it to be enjoyable to be here.

With the main point in mind.
Yes Oakleys do cost money.
Yes they are the best you can get.
NO a $5 pair of sunglasses WILL NOT serve the exact same function and to actually believe that shows no knowledge of eyewear.
NO, borrowing something from a friend without being able to replace it if you break it is NOT ok in my eyes. A Flak Jacket pair IS replaceable. Does it cost over $100? Yes! Are there pairs WAAAAAY more expensive then Flak Jackets? YES THERE ARE.

Would I EVER lend a pair of my sunglasses to ANYONE? Absolutely NOT.

Is is forum full of trash? NO.
Do I make it seem like this forum is full of trash? That's your opinion but you are only 1 person and that's why we are free to express our own opinions. But remember. Everyone is entitled their own opinion even if they are wrong.

So have a good day and sorry to hear you broke your friends sunglasses. Don't borrow from anyone again and you won't have the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back