• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help! Sunglasses broken!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i rarely lend out my stuff and rarely borrow anything. I guess that's why my place has so much junk... :S
I have a rule, I never lend out money or items that I expect to get back. If I lend someone $1000, in my mind, that money is forever gone. I give because I believe we needto take care of our own, it isnt somebody else's job, and it sure as hell isnt this Liberal governments job, and because I truly believe that sometimes we entertain angels, not people. But I have this rule because a lot of times, we're entertaining Jag-offs who don't appreciate the things we do.

Is there anyone on this forum that could help this guy out ? Fix them ? Douche or not, he's made a mistake, infact they both have and the owner is now the proud owner of ruined flaks.

Just a thought.
It could be possible that @dr.chop may be able to help this person but it would require shipping to him and waiting for the item to come back after the attempted repair. I thought of him at first but didn't tag him because I believe this case would require a new replaced frame.

Be straight with your friend and save up to replace them with a new pair or see if Oakley will sell you just the frames. Maybe you can't afford it today, but make it right when you can. I bought my Flak Jackets new on 6pm.com for around $65 US with free shipping so keep an eye on that website for deals. I believe there's actually a pair on here for $70 shipped as well.

Don't take things so seriously on here. Nobody was insulting you. Common courtesy is always to fix or replace what you damage. I trade motorcycles every now and then with close riding buddies and the agreement is always there to make it right if something ever happens. I don't trade with one friend's expensive Ducati because I know I can't afford to fix it. Those Italian parts ain't cheap! :eek:

Good luck and just be thankful your friend didn't loan you a pair of X-metal Oakleys.

Last edited:
I have a rule, I never lend out money or items that I expect to get back. If I lend someone $1000, in my mind, that money is forever gone. I give because I believe we needto take care of our own, it isnt somebody else's job, and it sure as hell isnt this Liberal governments job, and because I truly believe that sometimes we entertain angels, not people. But I have this rule because a lot of times, we're entertaining Jag-offs who don't appreciate the things we do.
Anytime I lend out money I always get more back. ;)

:hi:

It could be possible that @dr.chop may be able to help this person but it would require shipping to him and waiting for the item to come back after the attempted repair. I thought of him at first but didn't tag him because I believe this case would require a new replaced frame.

Well maybe @dr.chop may comment here, worth a fix or not. New arms maybe at a low cost ? I don't know.

@Rem, I don't know you, I don't what's in your mind or heart. I am sure you're a decent guy. But I said what I said because I want everyone to do right by a good friend. If this guy is a good friend, then I am sure you will know the right way to handle this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back