• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

History Of Juliet Lenses

I have some VR50 juliet lenses (not custom cuts) that are plain VR50, no BI coating.

Which brings up a good point - despite what may have been released as original colorways and replacement lenses, almost any lens color can be custom cut for Juliet from one donor or another. Such as my Jades and Violet polars.

Which brings up another OEM Juliet colorway - InfiniteHero Violet.

EDIT - nevermind, I see you have violet on the original list...

Last edited:
Oh Thanks Oakley Veteran, err.. what's G30? and so VR 28 is the same as BI? what's the difference in them since they are both "Black Iridium"
G30 is a rose based lens that oakley designed for golfers. The VR in VR28 stands for vermillion rose ive heard, its a brown based contrast lens with a little rose added that gives what youre seeing some "pop"-one of my fav lenses (VR28 BIP)

Last edited:
Oh Thanks Oakley Veteran, err.. what's G30? and so VR 28 is the same as BI? what's the difference in them since they are both "Black Iridium"
And VR28 also comes with black or blue added to make them darker and is also offered as polarized too. BI most of the times means black iridium and BIP same thing with polarized. Very rarely will you see VR28 blue iridium or polarized because of the little rose hue that comes with it. So VR28BIP means VR28 with black iridium polarization added to the VR28 lens.

Last edited:
G30 is a rose based lens that oakley designed for golfers. The VR in VR28 stands for vermillion rose ive heard, its a brown based contrast lens that gives what youre seeing some "pop"-one of my fav lenses (VR28 BIP)
Yeah, I've heard it called that too or "Vermillion Red" or something like that.
"Violet Rose" was just what Oakley UK told me :idk:.