• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hopefully real Penny coming home from Germany

Tycho_005917

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone,

Ordered a pair of Ti Pennys from eBay Germany. I’m out of the country so a family member took pics when the Pennys arrived. Seller seems to have good reviews and a lot of Oakleys. Will post better pics when they get to me abroad. Serial number matches frame and lenses. PV00(2?)838. Titanium frames with VR28 Black Iridium lenses. Plan to use these as my new daily pair. Let me know if anyone sees anything suspicious about them. Lot of fakes these days. After buying these, the seller listed another identical pair of titanium Pennys with VR28 lenses..

upload_2018-8-16_12-30-1.jpeg

upload_2018-8-16_12-30-31.jpeg

upload_2018-8-16_12-33-15.jpeg

upload_2018-8-16_12-30-55.jpeg

upload_2018-8-16_12-31-11.jpeg

upload_2018-8-16_12-31-40.jpeg

upload_2018-8-16_12-31-58.jpeg

Also ordered some replacement rubber directly from Oakley.
upload_2018-8-16_12-35-9.jpeg

Looks good to me also! Not sure if that rubber will fit on them.
Yep, the earsocks from the Juliet accessory kit will fit but not the nose bombs. Ordered Flak Jacket accessory kit for nose bombs. Incidentally, if anyone wants some spare Juliet nosebombs or flak jacket accessories minus the nose bombs let me know. Too bad we don’t have a communal spares bucket to give and take from.

Last edited:
Talk to @Linegear Japan, he can help with rubber kits.

Congrats on the penny's. They look good.
Thanks, already have some parts on the way from Linegear. It’s great we have so many great resources on the forum for keeping older Oakleys operational. If I knew there would be such a great list of companies and individuals working on Oakleys I never would have sold off some of my old pairs. Oh well.

Update: Best picture I could take with a 2 year old running around nearby. Have a T6 ESD tool for the Penny and computer work. Otherwise same as regular Wiha T6. The Oakley mug doubles as a display case and works out well since I only have 1 pair of Pennys to display. Bottom of mug houses replacement rubber and parts from Oakley and Linegear.

AED65EB5-3F6C-4583-A0ED-B074F6887873.jpeg

Update: Best picture I could take with a 2 year old running around nearby. Have a T6 ESD tool for the Penny and computer work. Otherwise same as regular Wiha T6. The Oakley mug doubles as a display case and works out well since I only have 1 pair of Pennys to display. Bottom of mug houses replacement rubber and parts from Oakley and Linegear.

View attachment 521147
Fancy. With infinite background drop sheet and all!!

Congratulations on the pickup!

Back