• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Are Oakley Winter Jackets Compared To Columbia?

darklide

Oakley Beginner
Are the Oakley Jackets good or are you better off with a different brand for the money?

I am looking at the Oakley ORIGINATE LITE JACKET.

Im a big beliver in 'you get what you pay for' and when it comes to oakley jackets and everything else they make, it doesnt dissapoint. I dont wear anything else but oakley. So my $0.02 is to buy it!

they are good, and probably compare pretty well with Columbia.

However, if you start comparing to high-end Descente, Spyder etc it won't even be close....but neither is the price.

I have all kinds of Oakley gear ranging from summer to winter. Unfortunately I have a huge tolerance level for cold so I haven't used their winter gear so much but it is really good

Kind of a lopsided comparison...you're honestly comparing one company who's specialty is eyewear, against another company who's specialty is outdoor clothing. Don't get me wrong, but I feel that in this comparison Columbia should be given an advantage. I love Oakley's outerwear, but for comparable money, I'd look at a Columbia, North Face, Spyder, Arctyrex, etc., if your purpose is actually performance based. I'm no where near an expert, but just adding my opinion...

Latest Posts

Back