• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How did these get here

SNAFU

I should Work at Oakley
Australia
Well i've already stated patience isn't something i'm overly fond of, I already have a first gen pair of X-metal Juliet's on the way from @GH4AU and I snagged a pair of 2nd Gen Serialised Plasma/Emerald complete that are (apparently) BNIB (or at least as new in box) that are also on the way but I was looking around on some for sale boards and noticed a listing for Oakley Juliette that stated they were selling a Juliet with gold lenses, with the frame in good condition and some "minor" scratches on the lens.

I could tell just from looking at the pics that the lenses were Emerald and that it was a plasma frame and that he had it pictured with the original box, coin, spare nose and temple rubber and warranty papers. So I called and asked if it had a serial # and if the nose bridge was tight and he informed me it wasn't serialised and that the frame was tight. I agreed on his price (which was pretty reasonable) and went out to pick them up.

When I got there and inspected them I confirmed they were in fact Emerald lenses (the box even stated this so not sure why he listed as gold lenses). The nose bridge however was a bit loose, still wearable but will need a tune up at some point. The rubber on the ear stem in particular will need to be replaced and that the lenses had are wearable (just) but are pretty much stuffed and will need to be replaced. Even with all this said his price was low enough that it would have been an ok deal just for the frame and Box/Coin so I still grabbed them.

Already having a Serialised pair of Gen II Plasma/Emerald incoming this pair will likely become a project of some description ;);)

Anyway not really a thread without pics so here you go :cool-20:

DSC5512_copy.jpg

DSC5513_copy.jpg

DSC5514_copy.jpg

DSC5515_copy.jpg

DSC5523_copy.jpg

I've since picked up another set of Plasma/Emerald this time a serialised Gen II pair that were supposed to be As new, the frames and lenses are perfect but it was a non-matching box.......

The Gen II frame has much more of a matte finish which I really like with the emerald and seen as this pair needed a tune up and replacement lenses it is going to undergo a bit of a conversion in the near future ;)

_DSC5539 copy.jpg
_DSC5540 copy.jpg
_DSC5534 copy.jpg

Very nice pairs indeed.
May I ask you if there is any difference between the Emerald and the Jade Green colors?
Or are they just different names for the same colors?

Very nice pairs indeed.
May I ask you if there is any difference between the Emerald and the Jade Green colors?
Or are they just different names for the same colors?

No they are different, Emerald as you can see is a green with hints of Yellow/Gold showing through whilst jade is at the other end of the spectrum with a more vibrant Green with hint of Blue showing through. No of my current pairs have jade so can't do a side by side comparison for you myself but here's a pic of a Juliet with Jade Iridium as comparison (this image isn't mine and was originally post by @Dyeraudio )

yqety9av-jpg.44745.jpg

Thanks, I see now, what's the difference!

(maybe if you would sell me any of them, let me know)

Latest Posts

Back