• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How do I say it, The quality just doesn't seem there.

i feel like some things about the quality have gotten better, like the frame color finish. i started out with Oakley as a teen with the XX's. too bad i was broke as a teen and could only afford 1 (fmj/fire). now it's tough to find XX's in good condition because of how the finish flakes off, and i always felt i had to baby my XX's because of the fear of ruining the fmj finish. also the frame mold around the old XX's joints was not as laser straight as anything i see today.

I got to try on a pair of the five squared. My sister inlaw has a pair of SI's. They are definitely for a smaller face like hers.
She also has a pair of flak jackets that she told me have held up well. I showed her some of my older frames and we discussed the difference of material.
She is a chemical engineer and works with plastics. She was impressed with her SI's having been wearing then for over a month.

I think i'm going to have to find a Pitt bull and crankcase to try out. I did try on a pair of twenty's and want to see the difference in sizes.

The Pit Bull is very nice. If you like Crankcase, you should try on the Eye Patch 2. For me, the Pit Bull fit on my face better than Eye Patch 2. The Pit Bull I ordered was the shiny frame that looked flexible. I think the Eye Patch 2 I saw at the store was the matte frame that gave me bad flashbacks of the old brittle frames that had broken hinges.

If the Twentys felt right chances are the Pit Bulls will be too big I am reverse of rustpot Can wear Twentys and not Pit Bulls...love my Matte Black twentys as well as the 2 non polarized Polished I have....Not a fire fan but the Gunmetal frame is nice on both...hopefully will hold up for the people that have it

I want to sat I appreciate the ideas and comments on whats out there. After trying around and getting a feel for a new pair.
I picked up XX twenty with White/Red Polarized. Also on back order from Oakley Radarlock Path Matte Black Ink/OO Red Iridium Polarized & Clear Vented OO9181-06. Supposed to ship out at the end of june or first of july. Probably about the same time I'll get my Juliets back from a Tune up.

Later this summer I might still pick up a pair of Batwolf or Fuel cell with Violet Iridium lenses.

Back