• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How The Make Sure If My Newly Purchased Romeo 2 Is Authentic?

Soap

Oakley Beginner
Israel
Sup guys,

I'm new at writing here but I've been doing alot of reading around the forum for a while but i still couldn't find the info about making sure if the Romeo 2s I purchased are for real.

I've got a couple of Juliets, a Penny , Romeo 1 and a Half-X from the X-Metal line so i kinda now the feel it should have but i'm still a bit suspicious since I never saw them anywhere.
Plus the guy i bought them from sold'em to me in a romeo 1 box ( with Romeo 1 coin, Romeo 1 spare temple shocks and Romeo 2 nosebombs O_O )
But they do feel and look like the real deal , i wanted to ask if there are any identifiers for the Romeo 2 ? maybe something on the arm or the inside of the nose bridge.
It's the Polished Titanium one, and one of the lenses has "Titanium" etched on it.
One of the arm socks has the MADE IN U.S.A on it, two metal dots on the front of the nose bridge and two rivets on the back.
But no other writings other than that.
My juliets have the serial number written on the arm and the Romeo 1 (as does the Penny but not the half x ) has some stuff on it as well so i was a bit surprised to see the Romeo 2 doesn't have any.

P.S
Anyone has had a recent experience with a tune up for the Penny? the nose bridge got so loose it fits only for display =/
And even after reading a few posts here i'm still unsure if oakley services them still.

Thanks for the help

Anyone has had a recent experience with a tune up for the Penny? the nose bridge got so loose it fits only for display =/
And even after reading a few posts here i'm still unsure if oakley services them still.
Nope they don't...they no longer have the flex couplers for the penny.

I hope this works, haven't had too much experience with uploading pics...

the pics are poor quality since my phone cam ain't all that.
Also, it doesn't show but the nose bridge has it's rubbers in place pretty tight.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is not true. JiveSEVEN just contacted Oakley and they said they don't have the parts for the Penny, but if it's just the nosebridge, they can work on it. It just depends who you talk to.

Hey Ernie I spoke to O Warranty and got clarification twice, that they still do "partial" tune ups for the Penny here in the US. They just say they don't do a full tuneup since they do not have nose bombs, and also if you sent in your Penny and a screw was stripped or something they didn't have certain parts for it. For the nose bridge though, they will definitely tighten it for ya :). Hope that helps!

Hey Ernie I spoke to O Warranty and got clarification twice, that they still do "partial" tune ups for the Penny here in the US. They just say they don't do a full tuneup since they do not have nose bombs, and also if you sent in your Penny and a screw was stripped or something they didn't have certain parts for it. For the nose bridge though, they will definitely tighten it for ya :). Hope that helps!
Thanks Rob, that's good to know...I guess I was misinformed. The Romeo's do look legit by the way.