• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to loosen a juliet it's tight on temple

Yeah, swapping different sized t-shox is the designed way to adjust them. If that's not enough, hacks can be done.

One hack is to use a razor or x-acto knife to shave down the t-shox, making them thinner and the fit wider. If you're going to do this, I'd recommend picking up an aftermarket set of t-shox from LineGear and shave those instead of the OEM ones.

The other hack is what's inferred above, work the flex couplers in the nosebridge until they loosen up more. The catch with this one is it will shorten their life before needing a tuneup, as they will continue to loosen with wear.

Just don't do anything foolish like trying to bend out the earstems...

Could try leaving them in a hot car for a while and then wearing them. This will soften the couplers and let it move a bit more. I would imaging this would have to be repeated many times for desired affect. I have never done this myself as I love my juliets TIGHT! +1 on Kronins post.. don't do anything stupid!

Best bet is to probably shave down some aftermarket t shox so that they fit wider as suggested by @kronin323 immediate results. The flex coupler in the nose bridge on your new pair is probably much tighter than your old pair.

Take out the t shox completely and see how the frame fits. Trim your t shox to size based on the difference. I would suggest this as opposed to messing with the flex coupler. T shox are easily replaced. Flex coupler is not so easy.

And try to do like me, put the sunglasses like a helmet, it helps me to mantain couplers tighter for long Time.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk