• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ice Crater - OEM?

You could- back in the day- buy a pair from Oakley along with blue lenses and rubbers, You got the black lenses in a sleeve and the ice lenses installed. As noted, the blue Mars nose bombs support his claim.
You can buy a black Mars and put a set of Ichiro rubbers on them but you wouldn't wind up with the correct nose bombs.
I have a black pair that were ordered with ice blue lenses but not spec'd with the blue rubbers. I've since added Ichiro rubbers and a set of blue bombs from Q train.
So I guess the answer is yes? Maybe?

That pair you got - the ones they customized at HQ still had M or C serials?

I was checking out O-Review as a reference guide. Don't see this one listed. While I understand that just because it's not listed there doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, but that database is a solid reference guide. It' looks really nice in that color combo. CarGuy's pic is awesome, and a Penny to match.

Did the Mars only come in the X-Metal colorway?

Did the Mars only come in the X-Metal colorway?

Technically a colorway is a combination of two or more colors. But yes, all Mars and Craters were x-metal finish; anything you see otherwise is a refinish job.

But with lenses they had BI and Ruby. The leather Jordans had Gold. There was also an Emerald release as a SGH exclusive so it's dang rare.

Then some had red earsocks.

Serial prefixes on most x-metals indicate the complete colorway (finish/lens). But Mars serials only indicated whether it was Mars, Craters, or Leathers.

But that's not as bad as R1 serials, which had no prefix at all, just six digits, four digits for Jordans.

Soooo yeah. Wife is gonna kill me when she wakes up but um, I won that thing! She liked the pictures when I showed her. That's saying a lot because she hates all my Mars. It was a bit over what I would have liked but I figure it's a pretty rare item. And that 33 serial Jordan is just go higher before tomorrow ends.

Back on topic. I've heard several stories about ice Mars/craters. The same that have been discussed in this thread. I'll just assume it's a custom factory job. Either way its badass and I'm gonna wear it!

Congrats @ SiRacer420 - I was up and could have sniped it, but I did not... I kept telling myself its still just a custom Crater with rare OEM rubber at best. A nice piece and $680 was not too ridiculous at all, about what I thought it was worth ($600/650) and a little less than I thought it would sell for ($750, maybe $800).

My thoughts exactly. Usually I snipe but this one I just put my max plus a little at 5 min to go and said that all I'm doing. If it's meant to be it's meant to be. The wife wasn't as mad as I thought. For some reason she's under the impression that the OTT is now for sale. Anyway, yall will see it in the WOAYW thread.

Back