• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I'm like *this* close on Jawbones,||. Halp me.

Ventruck

I am Jim Jannard...
Skip to bottom questions if you wanna run this post quick

Been using Tens (X) as my casual pair from a forum member (and he was great to work with for the record, did measurements and everything for me), and I was getting along with them through late summer for errands, until I went back to school with longer days and commuting, the slippage just became more apparent with oils on the face and the frames then start to feel heavy in my mind - but I clean the pair everyday of course. Just very unpleasant.

Between my current budget (even $80-ish is already flexing it) and options out there, it seems like the Jawbone at the Vault is my leading option. I hate the look but the combination of current lens selection and support, and possibly better fit just means that much more to me at the end of the day. Functionality is the majority of the reason I went Oakley in the first place.

Really had these particular concerns:
How is the fit at the cheeks and in comparison to the Radarlock?
Where can I source an Asian Fit nose pad set if I needed one? I only saw the replacements of the regular ones.

Looking up the numbers, I'm reading the Jawbone lens height is ~38mm vs the Ten's 40mm. May not be much but I'm left to also consider the frame shape itself towards fit.

Last edited:
Well first Jawbones no longer technically are made. They are now called racing jackets, it's the same exact frame oakley just had to change the name for copy right reasons.

I would say the radar lock will cover more due to the different lens options. The Asian fit nose pads I have no idea but I'm sure member will be able to help you on that part.

I personally prefer the split jacket, they are smaller but I feel the fit the face better than the jawbone/racing jacket.

Well first Jawbones no longer technically are made. They are now called racing jackets, it's the same exact frame oakley just had to change the name for copy right reasons.

Oh no, I'm aware of that, hence why I acknowledged the current support (lenses, bolts, jaws) for them.

Reason I ask about the Radarlock fit comparison is because they are my only other reference fit. I mainly dedicate my pair for cycling exclusively, and I see it a bit too much (even more than the Jawbone) for a everyday look.

But thanks for the input. Hopefully I don't need the Asian Fit pads if any member can make a relative fit comparison.

yea, with so many styles and options, why not wait and get a pair you really want? between this forum, the vault and random other sites, you can find good deals on many, many styles. id recommend going to a sunglass hut, vault, or anywhere that sells oakleys and try some frames on.

Yeah it was very impulsive thinking, especially since I didn't try them on...Until now. None of the SGHs on the way of ny 2hr commutes carried RJ's, which made me desperate to ask here yesterday. Was able to flex a trip to the o-store just now. I figure the extra hour in my trip was going to be nothing terrible compared to what I'd miss or wrongly buy.

Still think they're not hot, but they fit. The outward profile of the jaw made a huge difference from my Ten. Like I said before, getting them purely for function/fit. Pairs I lust are still a far cry, and things I wouldn't want to abuse like I plan with these. Lens selection is of the widest, and maybe jaws/bolts down the line will help the look for me. It's like a phone: you just need something working for you ASAP.

Thanks everyone for the input and mainly the mindcheck.

There was a slight design change of course, in that RJ have quick-release interchangeable icons, whereas Jawbones do not.

Latest Posts

Back