• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Introduce Yourself!

stopped by to say hello. Long time lurker and decided to finally sign up. I got my first pair of Oakleys in the mid 90s and have been a fan and owner of Oakleys for nearly 20 years. My wife is starting to think that I might have a problem with all the sunglasses I currently own. My current favorites are my Tailback in pewter and Flak 2.0 in polished black.

Welcome! What's your frame count up to?

stopped by to say hello. Long time lurker and decided to finally sign up. I got my first pair of Oakleys in the mid 90s and have been a fan and owner of Oakleys for nearly 20 years. My wife is starting to think that I might have a problem with all the sunglasses I currently own. My current favorites are my Tailback in pewter and Flak 2.0 in polished black.
:welcome:

12 pairs and counting, lucky 13 is in the mail now... Tincan carbons should be arriving in the mail Wednesday

Yep - many of our collections may be insane by everyday standards, but are quite modest in comparison to others here; those collections are great for showing the wife when she tries to insert sanity around yours... :D

Yep - many of our collections may be insane by everyday standards, but are quite modest in comparison to others here; those collections are great for showing the wife when she tries to insert sanity around yours... :D
I have seen some crazy collections. Ill try and get a family photo together after work soon. I just found out that a Oakley Store is opening in my town later this year. Hopefully it doesn't lead to divorce or bankruptcy.

To clarify...
And to answer the question, deep blue and deep water are quite different; deep blue is a neutral base tint similar to BIP.

From a base tint perspective, shallow blue and shallow water are much closer, both with a contrast base tint but the water version with Prizm tech.

Am a newbie to this all, what does BIP mean? If there is a thread here on Oakley terminology terms (for us newbies) please post, thanks!

Back