• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Introduce Yourself!

Welcome to the Oakley Forum, A Community for Oakley Sunglasses Lovers. We love all thing Oakley's and would love to here about your love of Oakley.

Start in this area of the forum to say Hi, and introduce yourself to the forum.

Make sure you read the forum rules: Forum Rules | Oakley Forum

Then jump into some Oakley conversations!

Welcome to the Oakley Forum!
Hello! My name is Jacob and I am an avid Oakley collector. I love collecting anything from Holbrooks to Madmans. I am excited to join this group

hi jacob! it would be nice to see some pics of your collection...
I would love to! and will eventually! I have everything from twofaces, holbrooks(personal favorites), Madman plasma with fire polarized, Rust decay Breadbox, and it goes on haha. I am excited to be a part of this group and eventually be able to trade with people who have been collecting longer than me!

Welcome to the forum :)

If you don't mind me asking, I would love to get big intro trading and buying on this forum. I guess I don't understand the process going into trading? would both be sent out with tracking numbers usually? I just want to know what the quota is so I will be able to follow all the rules once the time comes. Thank you.

Sailor from Manila!
Decided to join up as we all share an interest in the excellent performance of Oakley sunglasses.

I've sailed many years for fun as a Philippine-based racing sailor, active in the weekends and sometimes weekdays too. Since I spend all day in extremely bright sunlight, occasionally racing in multi-day regattas, I've decided my eyesight should be protected and vision enhanced (to spot wind, waves and where my competition is on the course). Therefore I've become an Oakley iridium polarized lens fan, these lenses worn on Radar/Radarlock frames as these fit my face best. Sometimes I get a bit hopeful and remove my sunglasses, then the glare off the sea hits my eyes, blinding me, and they go on again (what a relief!) until close to sunset.

hull flying 2fin4 6web.jpg

Racing around islands off Romblon.
IMG_0004-6web.jpg

Anyways. so here I am. Hello everyone!

Sailor from Manila!
Decided to join up as we all share an interest in the excellent performance of Oakley sunglasses.

I've sailed many years for fun as a Philippine-based racing sailor, active in the weekends and sometimes weekdays too. Since I spend all day in extremely bright sunlight, occasionally racing in multi-day regattas, I've decided my eyesight should be protected and vision enhanced (to spot wind, waves and where my competition is on the course). Therefore I've become an Oakley iridium polarized lens fan, these lenses worn on Radar/Radarlock frames as these fit my face best. Sometimes I get a bit hopeful and remove my sunglasses, then the glare off the sea hits my eyes, blinding me, and they go on again (what a relief!) until close to sunset.

View attachment 220141

Racing around islands off Romblon.
View attachment 220142

Anyways. so here I am. Hello everyone!
Welome! That is so awesome that you have sailed for so long. Have you tried the deep water/shallow water prizm polarized lenses for your radarlocks?

Welome! That is so awesome that you have sailed for so long. Have you tried the deep water/shallow water prizm polarized lenses for your radarlocks?

boat-wash1948-blur6.jpg

Yes, got the deep water iridium polarized lens for a recent competition, had them shipped from the USA as the only Deep H2Os for sale here is the array with the bronze rid which is priced way too much locally. They look awesome even if ashore just washing the boat, but to tell the truth once I'm locked into competition mode I have to concentrate on strategy. Though light conditions change within the day from extreme blinding sunlight to cloudy thunderstorms and grey seas, and that's the only time I have to take them off and wish I knew which other lenses to use for changing conditions.

Wondering if the PRIZM Deep H2O can handle glare and cloudy light.

I started from using the Black iridium lenses, photo from the other year below and that's the 2nd lens I've wrecked after a year's worth of weekend sailing. Hence the H2O above.
3iC2014-skippr0015-6.jpg

How about you Jacob? Tried the Deep H2Os yet?

I actually have and love the tint and how well it works especially with the deep water. Shallow seems more bronze to me.

Back