• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Introduce Yourself!

As is requested of those whose member status is new
I'm here to offer a few words to say something to all of you
about how & where my Oakley interest(s) took root & grew
as a way to introduce myself to the entire OakleyForum.com crew

I have just joined this group anew
but that you most certainly already knew
and in an effort to not in various ways overdo
the rhyming bit I shall end it here & bid it adieu

*Below are a few details that I hope will suffice for introductory content in such a way that it provides you an acceptable degree of familiarity with me and my interest in Oakley eyewear.

My first encounter with the Oakley brand was in the mid 80's, after moving from central Wisconsin to the Minneapolis(MN) area, when a neighbor kid introduced me to their(Oakley) bicycle hand grips. Couple yrs later, I took up (snow)skiing and immediately discovered the Oakley name was synonymous with that activity/sport/hobby. That was the late 80's, the era of Frogskins and the early M-Frames along with Blades & RazorBlades. I acquired my very first pair of Oakley glasses on a ski trip to Vail, Colorado in 1988...white framed RazorBlades with Trigger stems and the deep blue(Violet?) irridium lense topped off with a neon pink nosepiece. My second pair, also RazorBlades, had a hot pink frame & nosepiece on a yellow lense with bright chartreuse stems that were custom shaped by a local retailer in a way I have never seen duplicated. Still have that pair! That store displayed a Blade lense that had been shot with a 12guage to demonstrate impact resistance. That so impressed me that I decided right then and there I would never buy anything other than Oakley eyewear. Almost 30yrs later & all eyewear I own is exclusively Oakley!
Knowing many of you collectors are interested in a wide array of Oakley items, I do not dabble in anything but eyewear. My main interests are Zero & SubZero, Juliet, Moon, and Wiretap(older original type, not new ones) models [with the occasional oddball(as related to the rest of my collection) pair to keep it interesting] and the original metal Oakley Vault cases. That's pretty much "it" as I have no desire to deal with other Oakley products like shoes & clothing & what not...just glasses for me.

So this doesn't turn into a multiple paged historical record detailing my 30yrs+/- of interest in Oakley eyewear, I think I'll bring this introductory essay to a close and get started exploring the rest of the OakleyForum site.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or whatever else. Just be aware that I do not spend endless hours online every single day and it may take a few days before I respond.

As is requested of those whose member status is new
I'm here to offer a few words to say something to all of you
about how & where my Oakley interest(s) took root & grew
as a way to introduce myself to the entire OakleyForum.com crew

I have just joined this group anew
but that you most certainly already knew
and in an effort to not in various ways overdo
the rhyming bit I shall end it here & bid it adieu

*Below are a few details that I hope will suffice for introductory content in such a way that it provides you an acceptable degree of familiarity with me and my interest in Oakley eyewear.

My first encounter with the Oakley brand was in the mid 80's, after moving from central Wisconsin to the Minneapolis(MN) area, when a neighbor kid introduced me to their(Oakley) bicycle hand grips. Couple yrs later, I took up (snow)skiing and immediately discovered the Oakley name was synonymous with that activity/sport/hobby. That was the late 80's, the era of Frogskins and the early M-Frames along with Blades & RazorBlades. I acquired my very first pair of Oakley glasses on a ski trip to Vail, Colorado in 1988...white framed RazorBlades with Trigger stems and the deep blue(Violet?) irridium lense topped off with a neon pink nosepiece. My second pair, also RazorBlades, had a hot pink frame & nosepiece on a yellow lense with bright chartreuse stems that were custom shaped by a local retailer in a way I have never seen duplicated. Still have that pair! That store displayed a Blade lense that had been shot with a 12guage to demonstrate impact resistance. That so impressed me that I decided right then and there I would never buy anything other than Oakley eyewear. Almost 30yrs later & all eyewear I own is exclusively Oakley!
Knowing many of you collectors are interested in a wide array of Oakley items, I do not dabble in anything but eyewear. My main interests are Zero & SubZero, Juliet, Moon, and Wiretap(older original type, not new ones) models [with the occasional oddball(as related to the rest of my collection) pair to keep it interesting] and the original metal Oakley Vault cases. That's pretty much "it" as I have no desire to deal with other Oakley products like shoes & clothing & what not...just glasses for me.

So this doesn't turn into a multiple paged historical record detailing my 30yrs+/- of interest in Oakley eyewear, I think I'll bring this introductory essay to a close and get started exploring the rest of the OakleyForum site.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or whatever else. Just be aware that I do not spend endless hours online every single day and it may take a few days before I respond.

It would of been better if you made the whole thing rhyme

Latest Posts

Back