• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Introduce Yourself!

Hi guys, I'm from Brazil and never used an Oakley before. I only have the "Gamboa Air 3" glasses from Mormaii, a brazilian manufacturer.

They are not polarized, and while might offer some protection and this company had good reviews in a test conducted with other companies in 2011 (from Proteste, an "association of consumer defence currently with more than 200,000 members and the largest association of consumers across Latin America, a non-profit and non-party political organisation, independent of government and companies which vows to strengthen consumer purchasing power and consumer awareness through comparative tests and publications and to provide services to consumers such as dispute resolution and legal advice. Each edition of their monthly magazine ‘Pro Teste’ launched in March 2002 contains more than 40 pages of results of tests of goods and services"), from another model (not this Gamboa) I don't think they can be compared.

A single test is insufficient to tell they are anywhere as good as Oakley or others.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any in-depth reviews from any Mormaii products (not a single one), so I have no idea how someone would rate my glasses if tries to compare with other models from Oakley. I suspect they are good, as in "3 stars", yet not enough, and so I decided to invest in polarized sunglasses to protect me even further when going out during the morning.

I bought yesterday the Half Jacket 2.0 XL Black Iridium Polarized, from Oakley Brazil, and it was a little hard to find a specific model because most sites present descriptions with incomplete or even false advertising, so I opted for the official website, that also (from what I read in complaints made in "ReclameAqui") can extend the warranty even after the 2 years mentioned in their site.

Once they are here I'll post my impressions.

Hi guys, I'm from Brazil and never used an Oakley before. I only have the "Gamboa Air 3" glasses from Mormaii, a brazilian manufacturer.

They are not polarized, and while might offer some protection and this company had good reviews in a test conducted with other companies in 2011 (from Proteste, an "association of consumer defence currently with more than 200,000 members and the largest association of consumers across Latin America, a non-profit and non-party political organisation, independent of government and companies which vows to strengthen consumer purchasing power and consumer awareness through comparative tests and publications and to provide services to consumers such as dispute resolution and legal advice. Each edition of their monthly magazine ‘Pro Teste’ launched in March 2002 contains more than 40 pages of results of tests of goods and services"), from another model (not this Gamboa) I don't think they can be compared.

A single test is insufficient to tell they are anywhere as good as Oakley or others.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any in-depth reviews from any Mormaii products (not a single one), so I have no idea how someone would rate my glasses if tries to compare with other models from Oakley. I suspect they are good, as in "3 stars", yet not enough, and so I decided to invest in polarized sunglasses to protect me even further when going out during the morning.

I bought yesterday the Half Jacket 2.0 XL Black Iridium Polarized, from Oakley Brazil, and it was a little hard to find a specific model because most sites present descriptions with incomplete or even false advertising, so I opted for the official website, that also (from what I read in complaints made in "ReclameAqui") can extend the warranty even after the 2 years mentioned in their site.

Welcome. So let us know what you think of your first Oakleys.

Last edited:

Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the Oakley Forum, A Community for Oakley Sunglasses Lovers. We love all thing Oakley's and would love to here about your love of Oakley.

Start in this area of the forum to say Hi, and introduce yourself to the forum.

Make sure you read the forum rules: Forum Rules | Oakley Forum

Then jump into some Oakley conversations!

Welcome to the Oakley Forum!
Welcome to the Oakley Forum, A Community for Oakley Sunglasses Lovers. We love all thing Oakley's and would love to here about your love of Oakley.

Start in this area of the forum to say Hi, and introduce yourself to the forum.

Make sure you read the forum rules: Forum Rules | Oakley Forum

Then jump into some Oakley conversations!

Welcome to the Oakley Forum!
Hi guys, great to be here.
Been an Oakley fan for years ...I wear nothing else

Newey

Welcome Prene, I'm jealous that you live in Brazil, so many beautiful women there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back