• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Introduce Yourself!

Hello all, I’ve been wearing Oakley eyeglasses for many years. Just started wearing sunglasses other than the cheap gas station variety. So far I have Jupiter Squared LX with Ice Iridium lenses, Targetlines and Drop Points with Black Prizm Polarized, and Five Squared with gray lenses.
:welcome:

Hi, I'm Parateach.i used to fly my dad airplane when I was a teenager. I also flew in a club in college. In the early 90s (I'm guessing) i bought a "new" kind of sunglasses!!! They were Oakleys. I've kept them all these years. I didnt wear them for a long time because I needed prescriptions and didnt think about getting that in my old Oakleys. Just started thinking about getting my prescription in them and wear them proudly.
Can you tell me about what year these came out? They are dark green, dark brown lenses and only say "Jacket" on the left inside templet. Made in USA on the right.
I've searched but all the ones anyone describes are straight jackets not just "Jacket ".
Thank you!

View attachment 521859

Hi and welcome to the forum. Those are eye jackets. I’m guessing they’re first generation (94-99) but I would need to see the outside of the hinge to tell for sure.

Eye Jacket Moss / Gold Iridium

Hi and welcome to the forum. Those are eye jackets. I’m guessing they’re first generation (94-99) but I would need to see the outside of the hinge to tell for sure.

Eye Jacket Moss / Gold Iridium

15371395021691626074665389456914.jpg

First gen. The link I sent you above is the one you have
Thank- you!!!
I wondered if they were first gen.
I kept the original lenses as they are in perfect condition. I just hadn't been able to wear them since I needed a pair of prescription sunglasses.
I was thrilled to discover I could put prescription lenses in my 25 yr old Oakleys and wear them again!!!!

Hello all, hope this is the right place to do this... I’ve been a forum lurker and general info seeker here a few times in the past several years. Recently got the itch to register and get a little more in depth with my collection. Bought my first pair in roughly ‘89, yellow razor blades with red iridium. That started it all. Wish I still had all of the pairs I’ve sold off over the years! I’ve never had a “shelf whore” pair, and have worn most of them daily to the point of wearing them out. Razor Blades, M-Frames, Straight Jackets, E-Wires, and Crosshairs have been my favorites. I had no idea there were so many special editions in the past 15 years, until I started getting more in depth here. I probably have 12-15 pairs currently, and recently started looking for a display case to house them as I start to collect. Anyway, thanks for having me over!

Hello all, hope this is the right place to do this... I’ve been a forum lurker and general info seeker here a few times in the past several years. Recently got the itch to register and get a little more in depth with my collection. Bought my first pair in roughly ‘89, yellow razor blades with red iridium. That started it all. Wish I still had all of the pairs I’ve sold off over the years! I’ve never had a “shelf whore” pair, and have worn most of them daily to the point of wearing them out. Razor Blades, M-Frames, Straight Jackets, E-Wires, and Crosshairs have been my favorites. I had no idea there were so many special editions in the past 15 years, until I started getting more in depth here. I probably have 12-15 pairs currently, and recently started looking for a display case to house them as I start to collect. Anyway, thanks for having me over!

Hello!

I'm a new forum member from SE Michigan. Glad to be here and looking forward to learning more about these awesome goggles.
Welcome aboard

Hello!

I'm a new forum member from SE Michigan. Glad to be here and looking forward to learning more about these awesome goggles.

Greetings, lurkers......

Back