• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Introduce Yourself!

Hello - South East London based and owner of a couple of pairs and just dug an old pair out of loft... I thought they were Juliets but having looked online, they don't appear to be, help! Rather than unscrew from below the lense, mine are from above - nor do they have the 'rivets' on the nose?

Hello

I am Bruce from Colorado

Been in and out of my Oakley
Had my juliets they exmetals loved them

Hey all. Long-time Oakley-head here. First time poster. Never knew I was an addict until I got a sunglass display and saw all of them on there at once.

Hi from a not very sunny UK :rolleyes:.

Been a fan of Oakley's since buying my first pair in '97 while travelling in NZ (Rootbeer Fives) and never worn anything else!.

Upgraded to a a pair of Penny Titanium Ice Iridium in '07 and worn the life out of them. Now I'm about as worn out as the Penny's (need prescriptions), have been doing my "homework" for my first pair of prescription sunnies and am so pleased to find this forum as it sounds like if I find the right people I "may" also be able to breath new life into my Penny's which I was considering letting go .

Another expensive hobby to spend loads of money on??? sign me up Woohoo! :help:

Hi all, I'm Nate. I'm finally getting into the world of oakley glasses with 2 prescription pairs on the way to me. I've gone for the oakley crisslink fit for my daily glasses and fives squared for my sunglasses

Hi all. Not a "collector", but long-time Oakley wearer and enthusiast. Bought my first pair of Oakley (Minutes 1.0) when I was 14 (I'm more than double that age now) with my first pay check from my first job and have been wearing Oakleys ever since. My dream pair are the Ducati X-squared and my search for those has led me here. Looking forward to learning from everyone and hopefully doing business with an owner of some Ducati XXs!

Hey everyone, glad to be a part of this fourm. Looking for a x metal double wide display cabinet. Close to Danville, IL .

New guy here,
Found this forum when researching Oakley frame size for large heads.
Lots of great info and guides here. Thanks

Hi guys, new person here from Austin, TX. I only own one pair of Oakleys, they are X-metal Juliet titanium black frames with black, shiny RX lenses. They are the only pair of sunglasses I have ever worn since purchase in '08, and I hope I never have to stop wearing them. I was approached at a brewery by a fellow Juliet wearer and he directed me to this forum, so here I am. I hope to find someone that can replace my RX lenses and continue to be a wearer of these fine sunglasses. I still wear them, but the differences in prescriptions are starting to get to me.
On a side note, I went to the eye doctor today and was trying to find a new pair of Oakleys I liked. I found none. I had no idea the Oakley product had become...what it is today. Just cheap, plastic frames at the same prices. The guy helping me said something about a buyout a few years ago. Anyways, nice to be here and looking forward to learning more about mine and the other older frames.

Hello all!!! I’m an Oakley guy from waaay back. I live in the Knoxville TN area and Oakley M frames got me through playing college baseball and Radar XL’s have gotten me through the last 6 years of coaching high school baseball. That’s what brought me here. My XL’s have bitten the dust and can’t find any more replacements so they just became my lucky coaching glasses (on my hat). When I’m not on the field I’m rocking my batwolfs (which I absolutely love.).

that’s why I’m here though to hopefully find some radar xl lenses, or to get some new ideas!! I love the new encoders but not having interchangeable lenses is a big option especially for the price. I’ve thought about the Sutros or M2’s, but really like the the coverage of the xl’s. Looks like I will have to look at some pages and hit up my local suppliers!! I’m looking forward to the forum!!

I forgot to post an intro when I joined a month or two ago, but better late than never. I live in Montana and I’ve been wearing Radars and Flaks for years as a high school and collegiate track and cross country runner. Recently I became interested in some of the older Oakley’s and I got a Splice, Scar, Racing Jacket, and Jawbone. I mainly use them for running and biking but I want to venture into the x-metals eventually for regular use.

Hey new here, I’m from Parkersburg WV am an avid Oakley collector and have about 10 pairs currently, I’ve bought about 20 and lost several.

Hello everybody. I have some models that I have been acquiring over time and it is a good thing that there is a forum to read experiences. Regards from Chile.

Hello! First post. Greetings from Norway! Was not aware of the forum until I started to clean up in the "home office" , and found a few Oakleys, some new some older, including a pair of Romeo X-metal and a pair of Mars Leather glasses I thought I had lost years ago . I will read and learn a lot here, and after a while enter the buy/sell forum.

Stay safe, look forward do learn more.

Hello - South East London based and owner of a couple of pairs and just dug an old pair out of loft... I thought they were Juliets but having looked online, they don't appear to be, help! Rather than unscrew from below the lense, mine are from above - nor do they have the 'rivets' on the nose?
Welcome all!

Hello from Canada. I've been an Oakley fan for over 25 years, and have had several pairs over the years, but my favorite have always been the X-Metals. I still have and wear my first Ti/Gold Romeo's that I originally purchased in '97. Other X-Metals in my collection. First releases Juliets with original ruby lens that I purchased when they first came out. They're due for a tune up since they're about to fall apart, fortunately I was able to find the X-Man on the forum and will be sending them for repair soon. Also have a pair of Romeo II, Mars leather, and a few other ones. And hoping to expand my collection a bit.

Aloha and welcome to the Forum. :welcome:

And hoping to see some pics of those X-metals we're hearing about. 🤙

IMG_3892.gif

Hello All, I found this forum looking to replace a pair of White Oil Rigs W/Text print I recently lost in the ocean. Thanks for all the info available here and I hope to find a replacement soon.

Also, If anyone finds them on North Myrtle Beach I would appreciate their return.
Thanks,
Michael from McDonough, GA

Hello All, I found this forum looking to replace a pair of White Oil Rigs W/Text print I recently lost in the ocean. Thanks for all the info available here and I hope to find a replacement soon.

Also, If anyone finds them on North Myrtle Beach I would appreciate their return.
Thanks,
Michael from McDonough, GA
Welcome.
Sorry for you loss.

Back