• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

jade Iridium lens failing

Sharkattack

Oakley Beginner
jade iridium lens xl sliver failing 6 months old cracked and distorted . stored in car warm to hot weather. other grey prism lens in holbrooks fine. thoughts perps ?

IMG-4194.JPG

IMG-4193.JPG

How hot and humid does it get in your car? Do you leave the glasses out on the dash? I’ve heard of that causing delamination issues, but never experienced it myself. FWIW that frame/lens combo has been around for awhile and hasn’t been in production for awhile 🤷‍♂️

How hot and humid does it get in your car? Do you leave the glasses out on the dash? I’ve heard of that causing delamination issues, but never experienced it myself. FWIW that frame/lens combo has been around for awhile and hasn’t been in production for awhile 🤷‍♂️
Just hung on the visor in cloth cover. , yes has been hot 30 C ,summer here. But have a pair of holbrook grey prisms in sunglass holder above rear view mirror. these failed lenses were replacement lenses purchased six months ago from Oakley Aus.

yes TC 14 thats what i got these for mid last year. I had the black polarised in them but too dark nowadays as my sight isnt as good. I wanted prisms but these and some fire ones with better with the light transmission .never had iridium before and wont again.
Do you use any hair treatments, that could get onto the lenses, through sweat perhaps?

Just hung on the visor in cloth cover. , yes has been hot 30 C ,summer here. But have a pair of holbrook grey prisms in sunglass holder above rear view mirror. these failed lenses were replacement lenses purchased six months ago from Oakley Aus.

30deg in the sun in a hot car. Just like dogs, it gets hotter in the car than you think it would.

Latest Posts

Back