• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Japan Special Editions?

D, the O store in Tenjin was cool. Not too many Japan exclusives when I went though...couple of LX frames that were Japan only, but not a huge selection. No Ichiro stuff at all. Keep in mind the clothing is based on Japan sizes also, so you'll need to try it on before you buy. I usually wear XL, but in Japan I have to buy 2X/3X or 3L/4L, depending.

If you're looking for the more exclusive frames, try the smaller boutique type retailers. I found a couple stores in Canal City (Hakata) that carried Ichiro stuff and other Japan exclusives...one of those stores was Murasaki Sports.
Have fun brah! I'll be there in Oct..

Sounds like i won't find much then. I'll only be in the Tokyo area for a few days and my schedule is packed. As it is, i'll only have time to hit up an O-store for about 30 minutes before we have to run off to another city :(

Sounds like i won't have much luck finding anything cool out there :\

Sounds like i won't find much then. I'll only be in the Tokyo area for a few days and my schedule is packed. As it is, i'll only have time to hit up an O-store for about 30 minutes before we have to run off to another city :(

Sounds like i won't have much luck finding anything cool out there :\
I wouldn't give up hope yet. You'll probably find something, just gotta look hard and fast, lol. Do some homework before you go...search for eyeglass/eyewear shops and sports retailers in the areas you'll be. If you can find a Murasaki Sports in that area, I'd go there before anywhere else. Of course, if you want the newer releases, the O store is the way to go. If you absolutely can't find anything, at least but a pair of the five finger socks, lol...I love those things! Have fun!

So i'm back from Japan and i think i got a few neat things. I didn't want to blow all my money on just Oakleys! Gotta eat too :)

Hit two Oakley Stores: Harajuku and Fukuoka

In Harajuku, i didn't find much. No special editions, but did find some Skull stuff. Bought a couple ID tags and Japan microfiber bags.

In Fukuoka, i found two pairs of the Buena Vista Frogs. Store manager sold me the only two pairs he had in stock. He told me they were only limited to 200 pairs and only sold in Japan. Can anyone confirm this? I also picked up a Skull snap back hat, two pairs of golf gloves (one black, one white).

Also in Fukuoka, i was at the Canal City mall and happened to walk into an optometry shop where i saw a pair of Ichiro Radars (Blue/Black Ghost Text) sitting on his top shelf. I didn't hesitate to buy a pristine pair!

I also picked up some business cards and brochures.

14678510881_feb9217f8e_b.jpg

14495061258_5aa00bf90d_b.jpg

14681701385_cdd031cc36_b.jpg

I'm putting up some stuff for sale/trade (Frogs and brochures) if anyone is interested. Keep a lookout on the for sale forums :)

Also forgot to mention i found the limited Radarlocks at the Fukuoka store. I didn't buy them as i'm not a big fan of the shield lenses and they didn't look that special to me at $330 US (33,000 yen).

img_0254-jpg.7216.jpg

You found the optical boutique...Nakanishi or something like that. Did you go to Murasaki too? Dammit, there won't be anything left for me in October, lol.

Back