• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Jawbone VR50 Ruby Photochromic

U

Username Hidden

Looking for the Jawbone VR50 Ruby Photochromic lens set, to either purchase or trade for.
The lens on it's own would be great, but a pair of Echelon or other colorway with the lenses would work as well.

Thanks

Some people reacted to this post.
Awesome freakin lens!

What’s the going price for a set of them?

you just missed a pair with both transition lenses!

Username Hidden said:
What’s the going price for a set of them?
In the past, it seemed most clean examples hovered around 200. Not sure what BNIB would go for. Few used pairs I'd seen on ebay varied in condition and price from 110-185... I missed out on one beater frame for 60, lenses looked shot though so not sure if I really missed out.

Username Hidden said:
you just missed a pair with both transition lenses!
Those had vr50 ruby?!?
I asked that seller for close up images of the lenses, an they said it was x2 sets of brown vr50 photochromic... where they ****in ruby?!?

Last edited:
Username Hidden said:
In the past, it seemed most clean examples hovered around 200. Not sure what BNIB would go for. Few used pairs I'd seen on ebay varied in condition and price from 110-185... I missed out on one beater frame for 60, lenses looked shot though so not sure if I really missed out.

Those had vr50 ruby?!?
I asked that seller for close up images of the lenses, an they said it was x2 sets of brown vr50 photochromic... where they ****in ruby?!?

Oh I was asking about the price for a set of just the lenses.

Username Hidden said:
Oh I was asking about the price for a set of just the lenses.
I have no clue as I don't believe they were ever sold as replacements.

Username Hidden said:
I have no clue as I don't believe they were ever sold as replacements.

Gotcha. I have an infrared jawbone with that lens in it. For me it’s for sure an overcast day lens.

Yes that pair comes with VR50 Ruby and vr50 both photochromic.

Username Hidden said:
Yes that pair comes with VR50 Ruby and vr50 both photochromic.
I’ve seen infrared come with either one or the other of those vr59 tints. Didn’t realize it was suppose always include both?

I sent that seller a photo of Ruby photochromic, and asked if any of them resembled it… he said they were both a pale brown trans lens neither was ruby, while the 3rd set was a normal high visibility orange persimmon.... so Maybe I missed out, maybe I didn’t?