• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just made a drunken purchase ...

So where is the best place to get replacement lenses?
I have a new unused set of grey lens I bought ages ago but didn't like so kept with the ruby ones
I know you can't get new ones anymore but I've seen aftermarket ones or others cut from Oakley glass

So where is the best place to get replacement lenses?
I have a new unused set of grey lens I bought ages ago but didn't like so kept with the ruby ones
I know you can't get new ones anymore but I've seen aftermarket ones or others cut from Oakley glass

If you want Oakley lenses they will have to be custom cut. You may find new old stock sometimes but it’s probably going to be expensive.

@Chris A Hardaway does an excellent job cutting custom lenses and he also sells them pre cut Or you can buy your own doner lenses and have them cut by Chris or anyone else that cuts them. There are a few guys here that always have OEM Oakley doner lenses (including me) that can be cut. Also sometimes there are lenses in the exchange area that are new and pre cut for sale.

What sort of $$ are we looking at to cut lenses?
I actually think the ones i already have and would want out be 'Fire' ??!? if that makes sense.
How do i tell what i already have, is the code on the lens?

Last edited:
It really depends how you do it. But $125 would probably be maximum thats buying the lenses pre cut. But where you’re accross the pond somewhere you may want to talk to @Wavecloud Customs he may be able to help you. If you source your own doners and can get a deal on them then you just pay someone to cut them for you. Or you could go aftermarket. You have a few different options for lenses. Personally I don’t wear anything but Oakley lenses but there are some decent aftermarket options.

Well what I've purchased looks identical to this, so maybe it was a good deal after all?!?

NEW OAKLEY X METAL JULIET PLASMA ICE IRIDIUM POLARIZED not Romeo, penny, mars 700285220987 | eBay

That probably won’t sell at that price. The seller is hoping that an impulse buyer buys it without doing any research. It may happen but very unlikely. The plasma ice Juliet is one of the most common combinations out there. It’s a nice pair for sure but there are so many too choose from.

I have family in Orlando & Boston so I can always get items shipped to either of those locations. I'm off to Orlando in February so if i could find set beef then it wold be ideal.
I'd rather buy Oakley but whose the best aftermarket options? Are Ikon any good?

Back