• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Kokoro Thoughts?

D70A8A4E-CE49-483C-8A61-F06067191679.jpeg
8C413E6E-4F5A-4279-BC26-9CA8426C817D.jpeg
87D020FB-4F3B-4EB6-9AAA-09A85B2B69C4.jpeg

Picked this up today, i wish there was a little more pink.

Got myself a pair of OO9188 Flak 2.0s as they were on a nice sale price mail order around $80. Pink primarily only on the sides by the O logo (more on one than the other although mix of royal blue and pink), and a smidge on the bottom in the front on one side and a bit on the other if you look through the lenses. In the middle it's pure white and unpainted in the middle on both sides. While not the ultimate, it's a pretty good look because it doesn't appear distracting and the color variation is subtle. Where there is more pink on the left side in front, there is more pink on the right side by the logo. The result brings out a more masculine "royal blue" with subtle hints of blended pink, good for a male/man's pair of glasses.

I think that the much larger challenge with Kokoros is apparent on full frames, not as much on half like Flak 2.0. Done right with its random patterning, they can look really awesome cool for racing and skiing (as that is much in the genre and style) and beach look. Depending on the amount and nature of colors, the look can be more unisex, metro/effeminate/female, especially when there is a ton of pink. Some pairs look like teen Tokyo girl bubble gum. And unless you get what matches you, it might be frustrating with a random purchase.

For example, I think this looks fair. I really don't like the splotch in the middle and it just looks like a painting mistake to me.

This one, though, is really flattering even though it's not uniform, just a really nice blend of colors: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51JU76mNEfL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

I'll see if I can post a photo of mine. Not spectacular. Not terrible. But extremely wearable, subtly nice, more subdued in coloring and pleasant complement. And that's pretty much what I was hoping for. Comes with a white bag, which makes it easier to know which Flak 2.0s I'm grabbing. :)

Kind of like mine, but it's no where near the sample they show on the website for the Holbrook XL, even if it does use some of the same colors. (and mine even has a fingerprint smudge of sort in the paint).

1630871242715.png

20210822_161916-01.jpeg

20210720_173447-01.jpeg
20210713_180904-01.jpeg

Wish it was a little closer to the swirl/uniformity of the online sample.

Got myself a pair of OO9188 Flak 2.0s as they were on a nice sale price mail order around $80. Pink primarily only on the sides by the O logo (more on one than the other although mix of royal blue and pink), and a smidge on the bottom in the front on one side and a bit on the other if you look through the lenses. In the middle it's pure white and unpainted in the middle on both sides. While not the ultimate, it's a pretty good look because it doesn't appear distracting and the color variation is subtle. Where there is more pink on the left side in front, there is more pink on the right side by the logo. The result brings out a more masculine "royal blue" with subtle hints of blended pink, good for a male/man's pair of glasses.

I think that the much larger challenge with Kokoros is apparent on full frames, not as much on half like Flak 2.0. Done right with its random patterning, they can look really awesome cool for racing and skiing (as that is much in the genre and style) and beach look. Depending on the amount and nature of colors, the look can be more unisex, metro/effeminate/female, especially when there is a ton of pink. Some pairs look like teen Tokyo girl bubble gum. And unless you get what matches you, it might be frustrating with a random purchase.

For example, I think this looks fair. I really don't like the splotch in the middle and it just looks like a painting mistake to me.

This one, though, is really flattering even though it's not uniform, just a really nice blend of colors: https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51JU76mNEfL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

I'll see if I can post a photo of mine. Not spectacular. Not terrible. But extremely wearable, subtly nice, more subdued in coloring and pleasant complement. And that's pretty much what I was hoping for. Comes with a white bag, which makes it easier to know which Flak 2.0s I'm grabbing. :)
The one you got at a discount must have been the previous release of the Kokoro which is done in a little bit of a different process.

Latest Posts

Back