• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LE Soft Touch Frogskins

Got my skulls today. Extremely dissapointed by them. I'm guessing theyre hydrodipped or something because the graphics in no way match the picture. Mine have a few skull teeth on them and what looks like fog and swirls. Nobody would ever look at them and say... hey, are those skulls. Will post pics later. Love the feel of them on another note. Just wish I had gone with another colorway

That's why they were announced to be discontinued even before they were readily available in Stores... Production issues created frames that's didn't live up to their hype...

e4ygamy2.jpg

a7u9y7az.jpg

Hope the pictures demonstrate what I meant. So.... Anybody need some soft touch skulls..

I think the other three would be great... But as you can see, the skulls are kinda lacking.

e4ygamy2.jpg

a7u9y7az.jpg

Hope the pictures demonstrate what I meant. So.... Anybody need some soft touch skulls..

I think the other three would be great... But as you can see, the skulls are kinda lacking.
I believe if they made tiny skulls it would have been nicer. I remember when I picked up mine I thought they weren't the right pair as I had to "find" the skull.......but I won't be getting rid of any of mine anytime soon anyway.

Did anyone else see this? This article says the Soft Touch Frogs are limited to 70 pairs each. That seems a bit hard to believe. Can anyone confirm production numbers for them?

Oakley Frogskin “Soft Touch” | Emag.co.uk
Yeah.....maybe 70 for each CITY. There is no way they only produced only 70 of these. I don't know the production numbers but I'd say add a couple of zeros there at least.

Yeah.....maybe 70 for each CITY. There is no way they only produced only 70 of these. I don't know the production numbers but I'd say add a couple of zeros there at least.
+1

Oakley has a talent in fudging the numbers...
Maybe it was 70 pairs in the first run in the UK...but there were no doubt several release cycles with many more pairs available...

I remember Shade Station saying that there were going to be 80 of each going to the UK. I think I also heard that they were discontinuing them due to the difficulty of making the frames. The last one is much less credible.

I remember Shade Station saying that there were going to be 80 of each going to the UK. I think I also heard that they were discontinuing them due to the difficulty of making the frames. The last one is much less credible.
I might have heard that March/April those pairs will be gone for good... Returned to HQ...

We'll see how that rumour pans out

I'm still trying to get my hands on one... Just not for 200$+ CAD ... Yikes :(

I paid 150$ for my Juliets