• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Let's talk water lenses...

Hydreliox

Oakley Enthusiast
Right we all know there are two offerings from Oakley as well as Tungsten Iridium and Prizm Tungsten Polarised...but what else.

These will indeed be for me fishing in the UK. So, overcast cloudy days, mid sunshine and bright sunshine (it's possible....). Water depth is 0-20ft (0-6m), clear in shallows but otherwise quite silty.

Giving all the options of lenses out there (and I'm thinking off the wall here....Sapphire Snow Prizm?!?!) What would you choose to take with you? I am prepared to carry 2 or 3 so I'm always prepared. Will get lenses or cut lenses for Flak 2.0 XL so they are in the right kinda case.

Have at it all ....

You just gonna leave that parked there...

Tell me more :lol:

You said "we all know there are 2 offerings from oakley"

Assuming youre talking about current lens options....

They offer DWP and SWP, but they also offer Maritime Prizm which usually only comes in SI pairs. I like it as an all around water lens as its not specified to deep or shallow

Any polarized lens is fine. I've fished with quite a few and the difference isn't huge. Prizm Shallow water isn't as dark as Prizm deep and Maritime is somewhere between the two afiak. So if you get 2 sets go for shallow and deep, one set Maritime (or almost any 12-17% transmission polarized lens)

The non polarized snow lenses would suck imho ;)

Deep Blue P or Shallow Blue P

But - I never use polarised on the water around here. Not specificaly anyway. For fishing yes but any on water activity, no.

Yeah I was thinking UK carp waters mainly mate. I would imagine the deep is too far at the end of the spectrum for what I'm doing. My plan is to load up on plenty of different sets of Prizm and Polarized lenses I have and take them down the bank one day and see what is going on. I'm sure that some will be better suited depending on natural light.

So far I can test:
TIR
Prizm Snow
Prizm Golf
Prizm Road
Iridium Ice Polarized
Fire Polarized
VR28 Iridium Polarized

Sure I must have some other bits....

With that selection I'm not even sure its worth find a SW, DW or Mari lens anyway?!

Bet you have some good lakes down in Oxford bud - for sure around Lincolnshire/Yorkshire carp fishing has come on leaps and bounds over the last 10 years. More venues to have a go at than there has ever been. What do you like dangling for?

Ahh - carp waters! A good friend of mine is a fisheries manager and countryside ranger. He goescarp fishing every night of week. Crazy!

I’m thinking G30 Polarized would work real nice at our local carp lake. It’s a semi secret famous lake call Bullfield Lake. Crystal clear waters.

Yeah I was thinking UK carp waters mainly mate. I would imagine the deep is too far at the end of the spectrum for what I'm doing. My plan is to load up on plenty of different sets of Prizm and Polarized lenses I have and take them down the bank one day and see what is going on. I'm sure that some will be better suited depending on natural light.

So far I can test:
TIR
Prizm Snow
Prizm Golf
Prizm Road
Iridium Ice Polarized
Fire Polarized
VR28 Iridium Polarized

Sure I must have some other bits....

With that selection I'm not even sure its worth find a SW, DW or Mari lens anyway?!

Bet you have some good lakes down in Oxford bud - for sure around Lincolnshire/Yorkshire carp fishing has come on leaps and bounds over the last 10 years. More venues to have a go at than there has ever been. What do you like dangling for?

My friend Chris is the man really, he’s a bit of a figurehead in UK carp scene - you can find him on insta - @senior_reserve_manager

Back