• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LINEGEAR Japan Corner, Q&A, latest update

Well looks like you've got a winning product here Daisuke-san!

I just tried your NXT blue mirror back to back with the emerald slate Ichiro (basically both pairs have the same polished Juliet frames) under the morning bright sun... no contest! The NXT is virtually indistinguishable from CR-39 in terms of clarity to me (I've always suspected that Maui Jim's new MauiBrilliant lens I tried in the store recently is probably also NXT material).

The backside AR is quite essential for this frame in everyday use. Once I put on my Ichiros, it feels like there is a ever so slight haze along with all the annoying reflections (although not as horrible as fire iridium polar) due to the polished finish thick rim. The frame design and finish really plays a big part, like in comparison my T-Wire with thin rim matte finish and Titanium Iridium lens have really minimal reflection issues.

BTW are you allowed to say which anti-reflective coating you are using?

Looking forward to your NXT lens development with Lens-Ya and IC Japan. I'm itching to buy another frame just to put in a future variation of this lens. Ganbatte!! 👍

Thank you for the review.
It seems like I need to consider a little more about AR coatings.

Certainly, as you say, the way light enters to the back side of the frame depends on the shape of the wearer's face and the shape of the frame.
I've never considered so deeply about it so far, so it will be helpful information.
I will ask to the supplier about it that they can make it better or not.

Sorry, I'm not sure about the type of AR coating, because every time I leave it to the supplier.

Anyway, thank you for your time to mention a lot about our product on here.

I will try my best to develop NXT lenses.
You're gonna love it!

Thank you;)
Daisuke
LINEGEAR

Yes the AR coating on your Linegear lenses is already quite good. It would be amazing to even make it better if possible. :D

I think the absolute best AR coating I've ever encountered thus far is Nikon SeeCoat Plus UV and SeeSun UV that I have currently with my Rx Nikon Lite 3 AS / Oliver Peoples 505 with sun clip (I only use Rx for driving). I say this just as personal opinion for reference.

Unfortunately our selection for custom made lens is quite limited and extremely expensive here in Canada compare to Asia (for example we have no access to Tokai or high end Hoya products here).

View attachment 616945View attachment 616946View attachment 616947View attachment 616948View attachment 616949

Thank you! Arigatou!
Daisuke

Revive X-METAL
LINEGEAR
You should lay them out like kana, they already look a bit like that :) Do would be pretty easy.

Fit up LINEGEAR lenses on my Plate and Splice. So good. We definitely need a 24k...

2be4083a50c69a2acfc2c0806c016774.jpg

Ok, yes.... I have a mini...

Hi Linegear Japan,

I'm currently living in Japan and in the market for a pair of x-metals. It's nice to know there's someone in the area I can send them to for a tune up. What city are you located in?

Hi Linegear Japan,

I'm currently living in Japan and in the market for a pair of x-metals. It's nice to know there's someone in the area I can send them to for a tune up. What city are you located in?

Pretty sure they are in Tsukuba.

Pretty sure they are in Tsukuba.
Hi Linegear Japan,

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry and sorry for my late reply.
Our office is located in Tsukuba city(Ibaraki prefecture).

Please place order from the link below and send your frame to us if you need Nose bridge tune up service.
We will refund the balance of shipping cost.

Thank you 🤚
Daisuke
LINEGEAR

2019 summer ENG jpeg.jpg

Dear valued customers,

Thank you for supporting LINEGEAR.
We’d like to inform you about the 2019 Summer Sale.

LINEGEAR 15% OFF - 2019 Summer Sale

1 July - 14 July, 2019 23:00 (Japan Time)

※During this sale period, the membership 5% discount is not applicable!

We are offering a 15% discount for all our items.

This sale is limited time offer from 1 July - 14 July, 2019.
Please check the items which you like.

Visit our website and have a look at our collection for X-Metal.

Replacement lenses, rubber parts and tune up for Oakley X-Metal series: Romeo 1, Mars, Juliet, XX X-Metal, Penny, Romeo 2, X-squared as well as Badman & Madman by LINEGEAR Japan

What is new?

The UV420 Polarized version is available now.

20190503_5fc89f.jpg

JULIET UV420 Premium Red Polarized lens
JULIET - Premium Red - Polarized

20190508_7237ee.jpg

JULIET UV420 Tanzanite Polarized lens
JULIET - Tanzanite - Polarized

20190110_c67301.jpg

JULIET UV420 NB10 Polarized lens
JULIET - NB10 - Polarized

Please let us know if you have some opinions/feedback for LINEGEAR.

We want to continue to support customer's request and will try our best to realize new product development.
Please feel free to contact us.

E-mail:revive-x@linegear-japan.com

Visit our website and have a look at our collection for X-Metal.

Replacement lenses, rubber parts and tune up for Oakley X-Metal series: Romeo 1, Mars, Juliet, XX X-Metal, Penny, Romeo 2, X-squared as well as Badman & Madman by LINEGEAR Japan

Thank you
Daisuke

Racing Jacket - vented lens

IMG_1644.JPG
IMG_1645.JPG

Generation 1

Generation 2

TN-EN-POLA.jpgPR-EN-POLA.jpgRM-EN-POLA.jpgCR-EN-POLA.jpgVI-EN-POLA.jpgFB-EN-POLA.jpgGM-EN-POLA.jpgNB10-EN-POLA.jpgGJ-EN-POLA.jpgTB-EN-POLA.jpgSB-EN-POLA.jpg

Latest Posts

Back