• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Linegear, Revant or Revant Elite?

TheBlondeFella

Oakley Beginner
I'm after another set of Fire Iridium lens for my Juliets as the coating has started to peel off the last supposedly genuine Oakley lens I purchased around 18 months ago.
As we all know an OE lens is getting harder to find and when found are crazy expensive so I was wondering what the thoughts were when comparing Linegear, Revant or Revant Elite lens

Yup
Are they still a worse option than OEM despite being more $$$?
You are looking at lenses that are photochromic and are infused and some polarized. In my opinion they are worth the money if you want those qualities. I got a set of pinky gold in with a frame I bought from @Japanese Jellyfish and they are wowtastic photochromics. I will go for a OEM custom cut from @Chris A Hardaway any day over anything other than the non existent OEM. Keep in mind as well the Fire Iridium is one of the worst when it comes to delaminating. Chris will cut them right though so the chances are smaller that will happen. He is worth every $$$

Will only choose OEM just to keep it "original", but as stated, they are hard to find (@Gunn has some though). NXT lenses and newer OEM lenses (custom cut) should be better. Maybe look into Dillon custom cut lenses as well.

I've just bought a set of polarised lens firm Gunn.
My Juliets originally came with polarised lens and I wasn't their biggest fan so when I dropped them and I scratched the coating and the frame I replaced them with non polarised.
These are the ones where the coating has come away on one side.
No one offered a set of non polarised lens and Linegear and Revant don't ship to the UK so as Gunn is in the EU the easiest option was to buy his polarised set.
I'll still be on the look out for a non polarised set along with a soft x-metal case and mine is looking a little worn.
I love my Juliets and case but I sort of wish that I haven't used them so much

Back