• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale Lot of 100% original lenses *never opened*

Username Hidden said:
Why in hell are you buying from a member with ZERO Feedback and less than 20 posts a +1K USD Item?
I recently bought a MM from a new user ,had no issues. Why is that? Because he was honest about the condition of the watch, and had no issues accepting paypal. When I got it, I knew what I was expecting and was happy with the watch.

Some people reacted to this post.
Honestly I’ve gotten some pretty rare items from new members that collected outside of this community or had a family member that collected. I believe everyone is a good person till they prove you wrong. Out of 7 years collecting I’ve had to make 4-5 claims for products that I never received or were poorly described. But I also like to believe theirs still good people out there.

Username Hidden said:
Honestly I’ve gotten some pretty rare items from new members that collected outside of this community or had a family member that collected. I believe everyone is a good person till they prove you wrong. Out of 7 years collecting I’ve had to make 4-5 claims for products that I never received or were poorly described. But I also like to believe theirs still good people out there.

I concur. Most people are very honest. Society/news has painted a picture that it is otherwise…

Username Hidden said:
I wanted to leave it alone too since I'm done with it but here we go:

As @docrusty said, my whole issue about this is how he made it sound like in the thread opposed to how the watch really is. He stated that it was "never worn" and the battery was "professionally" changed. If you look at the pictures I posted in my feedback thread, that is not the case. You know what would actually be the case? if he had stated "I never wore the watch since I had, BUT it shows sings of wear throughout the band and case" . I have come across several threads where the seller writes statements like this because they are trying to be honest.

He asked me to use venmo and chas app to send the funds. I said no, and we agreed on paypal but once I sent the funds he insisted that I would confirm the receipt before I received it so he could get the funds(he used Christmas as an excuse) This raised a BIG red flag for me. I almost confirmed it too but my gut told me to wait, boy am I glad I did.

Next thing: he says he sent me pictures of the condition of the watch. I NEVER received any pictures besides what he posted on his thread. Do the pictures he posted show the damage I showed? Now, lets say he never wore the watch as he said, how did he not notice the damage when he took the pictures? You have to hold the watch and look at it lol but it never crossed is mind to say "hey, the watch has a lot of signs of wear just to let you know what you're getting"? or add it to the tread? He kept insisting that it was never worn which, let's be honest, almost everyone would assume it's mint condition UNLESS otherwise stated.

Also when I confronted him about how the condition of the movement, he never denied that it wasn't him that changed the battery or that he really took it to a watchmaker. He pretty much avoided the subject. To me it looks like he changed it, messed up, and closed it back up. The battery doesn't even stay on place when you try to wear it lol

He also tried to say the damage was probably from the "previous owners".
View attachment 927440

At the end of the day, he's trying to plead innocent by twisting his words and saying he was upfront about it which if you look back at the original thread its nowhere near what I posted. Also, I only posted a fraction of the damage of the watch, I didn't even post the inside of the box and the other side of the band lol

Some thoughts. I started a three way PM with both of these guys a few days ago to see how best to help.

@Rynoakley380 you clearly did a terrible job of showing the damage to the watch. As you are brand new here I encourage you to build a solid reputation. Learn from this.
Integrity is everything. (and meat grinders are bad for watches!)

But from what I understand, you did apologize and offer full refund, which watchnoob accepted.

@watchnoob3620 You're pretty new here too, with very little feedback.
I get it you are very pissed off (I would be too), but I think you were quick to publicly flame him (link), rather than work through the issue.

Most of us want a community where new people learn and are welcome.
(Admittedly, good honest people who disclose things and don't act like turd's)

There is a really well-known OF guy, a very good guy, who just sold me an X metal in very bad condition.
It even has superglue (or paint) stuffed up inside the orbitals where the lenses belong.
And other issues that weren’t disclosed. It was in "good condition" in the listing, and photos.

I felt exactly like watchnoob did, when I opened the x-metal box on Christmas (my wife gave it to me).

Did I blast the seller? No I worked through it with him.
Because he’s a human being!
And a fellow Oakley lover.
And because I make mistakes too.
(He’s actually a really cool guy, and he's reading this now)

My two take-aways:
1. People see things differently. Try to understand the other guy.
2. Integrity is everything.

Username Hidden said:
There is a really well-known OF guy, a very good guy, who just sold me an X metal in very bad condition.
It even has superglue (or paint) stuffed up inside the orbitals where the lenses belong.
And other issues that weren’t disclosed. It was in "good condition" in the listing, and photos.

I felt exactly like watchnoob did, when I opened the x-metal box on Christmas (my wife gave it to me).

My two take-aways:
When you don’t call out shady dealings they find it acceptable to do…….public shaming is very effective.

Username Hidden said:

My two take-aways:
Def nice of you to try and arbitrate but safe to say I think OP’s chances of anyone trusting him to buy is pretty nill

Username Hidden said:
I’ve bought from members with low feedback. That’s the point of PayPal. Everyone deserves a chance. But he ruined it for himself. Are you less likely to have an issue with an established member yeah. But our friend yakuza proved that wrong too.
Let's also not forget that user who went by "Trump" who screwed @cacatman .

Username Hidden said:
Some thoughts. I started a three way PM with both of these guys a few days ago to see how best to help.

@Rynoakley380 you clearly did a terrible job of showing the damage to the watch. As you are brand new here I encourage you to build a solid reputation. Learn from this.
Integrity is everything. (and meat grinders are bad for watches!)

But from what I understand, you did apologize and offer full refund, which watchnoob accepted.

@watchnoob3620 You're pretty new here too, with very little feedback.
I get it you are very pissed off (I would be too), but I think you were quick to publicly flame him (link), rather than work through the issue.

Most of us want a community where new people learn and are welcome.
(Admittedly, good honest people who disclose things and don't act like turd's)

I respect you as a member here because you're an awesome person to deal with and I get where you're coming from with this, but I will have to disagree on this matter.

Should we be a welcoming and friendly community? Sure, but I think behavior like this shouldn't be tolerated because what's going to to stop him from doing it again? If anything it would encourage people to do it because there aren't any repercussions

Im not sure how me having little feedback matters when I'm the buyer in this situation and the seller is trying to lie about a $1400 watch. I also have very little feedback because not everyone does it. I'm guilty of that too, but I have done several purchases (like 20) and sold a few things here already so I feel like I have a idea of what to expect from people when they sell something here or I'm trying to sell something. There's a lot of good, honest people here and I really like how everyone shares their passion for collecting oakley products. I have not had a problem with another member until this situation. I just think "outside people" are catching on about this forum existing and try to sell their items for ridiculous prices regardless of how bad the condition of it is just because it's an oakley item and think we'll probably just accept it because we love the brand(that's a different topic all together though)

Username Hidden said:
I respect you as a member here because you're an awesome person to deal with and I get where you're coming from with this, but I will have to disagree on this matter.

Should we be a welcoming and friendly community? Sure, but I think behavior like this shouldn't be tolerated because what's going to to stop him from doing it again? If anything it would encourage people to do it because there aren't any repercussions

Im not sure how me having little feedback matters when I'm the buyer in this situation and the seller is trying to lie about a $1400 watch. I also have very little feedback because not everyone does it. I'm guilty of that too, but I have done several purchases (like 20) and sold a few things here already so I feel like I have a idea of what to expect from people when they sell something here or I'm trying to sell something. There's a lot of good, honest people here and I really like how everyone shares their passion for collecting oakley products. I have not had a problem with another member until this situation. I just think "outside people" are catching on about this forum existing and try to sell their items for ridiculous prices regardless of how bad the condition of it is just because it's an oakley item and think we'll probably just accept it because we love the brand(that's a different topic all together though)
Great reply. I hear you. That makes sense. There should be a balance between welcoming others, and protecting the rest of the forum. I’ll be on the lookout for a mint hollowpoint for you, if you’re still in the market. Happy new year!

Latest Posts

Back