• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Made out like a bandit!!!!

TravisCook

I should Work at Oakley
Huntington, AR
I can’t believe it!!!
Pick up another pair of Juliet’s!
Third release, Ichiro Suzuki
Polished with slate + etched lens.
Serial 00051 🤯

Nosebomb kit and lenses have been ordered to preserve the OEM’s. They are beautiful
IMG_9728.jpeg
IMG_9729.jpeg

Plus a pair of OO E wires in very good shape!

IMG_9730.jpeg
IMG_9732.jpeg
IMG_9731.jpeg

Waahoooo
Another X metal from the same source.

Romeo 2 Polished w/TI iridium

These things are absolutely disgusting

They are sticky, covered in gunk, also, they are the most wobbly pair of XM’s I’ve ever encountered. These will be getting a very much needed tune up.
Lenses look okay, I think I can clean them up to usable condition. Earsocks and nosepieces look really good (surprisingly) and will be removing to preserve, and replacing with red aftermarket rubbers. Still not bad for less than $150
IMG_1080.jpeg

Edit: put in the T5 bit to remove screws that hold the round gasket on left side, and to my surprise, it was already stripped :(

I was however, able to remove the right side without any issue. Pulled both lenses, all the rubbers are shot — not even going to try to clean those, as they are beyond cleanable and cracking. Got a set of red rubbers installed and they are somewhat wearable. Definitely will just be a beater pair but I’m still thrilled!!!

Last edited:
Congrats on all the new pairs. Lookin' good Bro. :cool:🤙

View attachment 1130658

Thank you so much. I am going to do some searching for an OF member that has the correct tools to hopefully (🤞) drill out that stripped bit. However, in the meantime, I ordered a pin pusher & plan on doing a tune up on the nosebridge’s of these & the pair of plasma straight stem Juliet’s I have. I feel confident enough to replace the flex couplers, just not drilling the stripped screw. I don’t have the tool’s & resources for that.
It will be a process but I am looking forward to it.

and also, thank you everyone else!!! I am thrilled to have been able to add some pairs of x metals back into the collection.

Waahoooo
Another X metal from the same source.

Romeo 2 Polished w/TI iridium

These things are absolutely disgusting

They are sticky, covered in gunk, also, they are the most wobbly pair of XM’s I’ve ever encountered. These will be getting a very much needed tune up.
Lenses look okay, I think I can clean them up to usable condition. Earsocks and nosepieces look really good (surprisingly) and will be removing to preserve, and replacing with red aftermarket rubbers. Still not bad for less than $150View attachment 1130580
Edit: put in the T5 bit to remove screws that hold the round gasket on left side, and to my surprise, it was already stripped :(

I was however, able to remove the right side without any issue. Pulled both lenses, all the rubbers are shot — not even going to try to clean those, as they are beyond cleanable and cracking. Got a set of red rubbers installed and they are somewhat wearable. Definitely will just be a beater pair but I’m still thrilled!!!
Did you try putting a rubber band or some paper in the screw, then shoving the t5 through it to turn? Also, maybe a squirt of WD-40?

Thank you so much. I am going to do some searching for an OF member that has the correct tools to hopefully (🤞) drill out that stripped bit. However, in the meantime, I ordered a pin pusher & plan on doing a tune up on the nosebridge’s of these & the pair of plasma straight stem Juliet’s I have. I feel confident enough to replace the flex couplers, just not drilling the stripped screw. I don’t have the tool’s & resources for that.
It will be a process but I am looking forward to it.

and also, thank you everyone else!!! I am thrilled to have been able to add some pairs of x metals back into the collection.
Several members can definitely hook you up. Just be patient and others will chime in.

Back