• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Made out like a bandit!!!!

Yessir. I tried latex glove, rubber band & a small piece of paper. I didn’t try with any WD-40.
I understand your pain. We used to try numerous methods while trying to remove aircraft panels, sometimes we had to drill the fasteners. Our best tool ever was an easy out bit. My kit contains smaller sizes. Just a option if you have the courage 🤣

I recently got a pair of Juliets off eBay where the PO said the orbital screws were totally stripped.
I was able to get one out using a T7 bit.
The other was hopeless until I tried a hex head bit and with enough pressure downward on the screw I was able to back it out. Have you tried other bits? I've even had a flat head but work once.
I’ve tried T6 & T7, and even though the screw is stripped, the T6 & T7 are still too large to even fit, unfortunately. Didn’t try any Hex bits. I’ll do that when I get home from work.

I understand your pain. We used to try numerous methods while trying to remove aircraft panels, sometimes we had to drill the fasteners. Our best tool ever was an easy out bit. My kit contains smaller sizes. Just a option if you have the courage 🤣
May have to check around and pick a set up

Waahoooo
Another X metal from the same source.

Romeo 2 Polished w/TI iridium

These things are absolutely disgusting

They are sticky, covered in gunk, also, they are the most wobbly pair of XM’s I’ve ever encountered. These will be getting a very much needed tune up.
Lenses look okay, I think I can clean them up to usable condition. Earsocks and nosepieces look really good (surprisingly) and will be removing to preserve, and replacing with red aftermarket rubbers. Still not bad for less than $150View attachment 1130580
Edit: put in the T5 bit to remove screws that hold the round gasket on left side, and to my surprise, it was already stripped :(

I was however, able to remove the right side without any issue. Pulled both lenses, all the rubbers are shot — not even going to try to clean those, as they are beyond cleanable and cracking. Got a set of red rubbers installed and they are somewhat wearable. Definitely will just be a beater pair but I’m still thrilled!!!
whats the source? local seller or..?

Back