• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Madman Look Alike?

You mean the one with the demonstration kit? Those were actually real. I was referring to the ones in New York and Canada that claimed they were prototypes. Those were very clear fakes.

Never saw those ones, will look them up, but I am guessing they are bad.

I'm taking about one particular, infamous seller down under, who literally sprayed the market with some of the best fakes around over the last 4-5 years. I won't post the seller for two reasons. One they are banned from eBay so there is no longer a risk and two I believe there is a legal case back in Australia still in progress or pending. I spend many a minute/hour/week fighting that battle, chasing my tail for the 'source' of these fakes.

I believe one pair of 'prototype' C-Six were sold to a private collector, for a fee you wouldn't believe and to someone, who I am sure thinks in retrospect they should know better.

Indeed. Part of my role with the company was to try and curb the flow of stuff like this after the move from China, I don't mind fully admitting I failed hugely. However many 'incentives' were offered to workers, factories etc. it would be outweighed by a counter offer 'too good to refuse' to give designs, specifications, prints etc.

Like you say, out the back door, I always referred to as the 'third shift'. You may operate for production 16 hours of the day, but what happens from midnight to 8am when the lights go out is anyone's guess..........although the outcome is often of course 1:1 replica products that there is no real way of distinguishing between the real thing and the replica.

Lux certainly haven't given up the fight, but they are fighting Forest fires with a water pistol is the analogy I would use. This will always be the problem with Chinese productions. It's nothing to do with the quality, but more about the culture and mindset the production trade is across the board there, for opportunists (even their government at times) taking a piece of the corporate pie and the $'s and £'s up for grabs. The rewards far outweigh the risks, once caught, very little if anything will happen to someone taking a counterfeiting risk. It's all seen as part of the game.

Anyway, apologies for digressing again.[/QUOTE

So we should stop buying all "made in China" frames? Which seem to be more and more frames that are released.

Latest Posts

Back